Samsung Galaxy Note 8 infrared and expandable micro SD card slot

Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 infrared and expandable micro SD card slot

hi my name is Juan and my concern is will new galaxy S note will have the infrared to use the peel remote app since the note 5 and the note 7 didn't  and the expandable micro SD card slot which the note 5 didnt had which it made the note 5 look just like an iphone.  Things that made samsung and android  great.  Me personally  I love the infrared and the expandable SD card slot it's one of the major things that separates samsung and android devices from iphone.. if you asked me the note 5 was a iPhone made by samsung with android os.  Please bring the IR and SD card slot back.... even the battery retractable making the phone easy to refresh the phone is the device where to freeze on you.

The IR system it was great i Iove used it on my note 3 I have multiple device sync to my phone making extremely easy for me to control... I have all my tvs in my house program to my phone including my streaming devices and my surround sound system... all this controlled with one device my phone. It's great.

28 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 infrared and expandable micro SD card slot

That's the only reason I never upgraded from the note 4, it would of been a step back for me to loose IR and expandable storage. I use The IR almost every day and I'm also store lots of media on my fone. Hopefully samsung crushes the competition an brings back the IR as well. 

Constellation

The note 4 keep the it blaster. I own two old note 4's and they are my primary remotes in my living room and theater room Smiley Happy. Samsung should bring the it blaster back for note 8

Asteroid

How can we get the word out about the IR blaster to samsung...  so many customer take advantage of this feature is one of the few things that separates them from iphone and android head like among the other things that samsung have that I phone dont.

Asteroid

How can we take this to samsung so they can correct the mistake of taking way the IR blaster.

Constellation

SAme is case of mine. I love my note 4 as it also provide opportunity to control almost all remote controlled devices- thanks to IR blaster. 

Untill nd unless Samsung bring back ir blaster in note series,  i will not upgrade from my note 4. 

If Samsung really takes care of customers' considerations then i think Samsung will re install ir blaster in coming phones.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I'm sticking with my Note 4.

Here's why:

• IR Blaster,that I use daily with the Peel App & IR App.
  • Removable Battery, which I have replaced twice in 2+ years.Batteries don't last forever. 
  • Up to 128gb ext.microSD storage slot

Phone still looks new because I put a 3M screen protector and tech21 case on it when New. It bounces when dropped.lol If covers get worn out looking I can just replace them for a few dollars.

It works great, like new still. It meets and continues to exceed my needs.

Why would I blow a $1000, after taxes and accessories and NOT have everything that my Note 4 already has.  I am a disabled U.S Veteran on a fixed income. 

IMO, The Note 4 is still one of the best devices out there. As long as I'm still happy and this phone still works, that's all that matters.

Peace to All,  love Nick

Astronaut

Same here. My wife and I love the remote control features of our Note 4's. I'm just going to buy a couple more new Note 4 phones and put them away as back ups for when our phones break. I also noticed the note 8 will only have a 12 mp front camera. Our 16 mp cameras on the note 4 is the whip. Samsung is messing up.

Astronaut

I have a HTC m8 and am currently refusing to upgrade because I really want a Samsung but I can't live without my ir blaster, I use it more than the phone itself. It is to most used app on my phone and I'm including the phone app and texting apps in that

Astronaut

And I thought I was the only one that used that remote it is the shiț. I use it on my Note 3 and used to use it on my 4 but unfortunately my 4 won't stay on it just continuously restarts, what is that all about?