cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Samsung Gallery Photo Albums not Syncing with OneDrive

So, like many of you, I received a notification on my Galaxy Note 20 that Samsung Cloud was going away and that they had partnered with Microsoft OneDrive for photo backup.  That worked well for me because I already use OneDrive pretty heavily.  So I went through the process and it uploaded all (at least it appears to be all, there are a lot) of my photos to OneDrive.  The problem is that I had maybe 15 - 20 photo albums created and those photo albums appear to not be in OneDrive.  I thought that it would retain the albums and put the photos in the corresponding album matching my phone.  Is this not the case?  Do I need to go through all several thousand photos on One Drive and reorganize them into individual albums again?!  Do albums not sync between the phone and OneDrive?  If so, I'm not sure this option is really worth it to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Gallery Photo Albums not Syncing with OneDrive

I am having the same problem, just ended up with a few thousand photos and no way to find anything, I thought folders would migrate over as well. Kind of useless unless the backup mirrors the organization of the phone. I have also noticed that I have a folder called movies, I guess the system created this for little recording I took and this folder and recordings are not being backed up
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Gallery Photo Albums not Syncing with OneDrive

The pictures will sync but it won't carry over your folder structure or show which folder on your device the picture is from. Just gives you the option to sync it or not. This works like Google Photos and you have to recreate your photo albums.