Original topic:

Samsung Gallery no longer able to edit name of pics after Android 11 update

(Topic created on: 1/30/21 8:08 PM)
LeLeD120
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
★I used to be able to edit the name/tags of MY pics in MY GALLERY on MY PHONE! Ever since Android 11 update I can't. How do u expect me to search thru 10,000 photos & be able to find what I'm looking for if I can't even rename the photo "momsbirthday.jpeg"? I have to rename the photo so I can search for "Mom" or "birthday" (keywords). ★PLS FIX THIS ASAP TO ALLOW US TO EDIT PHOTOS NAMES & TAGS & LOCATION/DATE/TIME!
(Now all of my photos are saved as numbers/dates. --That's pitiful....I don't remember the date/time any of my pics are taken! So I can't search that way.
*But I CAN put in KEYWORDS such as Mom/dog to SEARCH OneDrive/Google photos/gallery/my PC later because the name of the photo goes with it everywhere.)

★★Also, PLEASE BACKUP/SMART SWITCH **TAGS** in GALLERY! EVERY YEAR I GET A NEW SAMSUNG PHONE or FACTORY RESET, TAGS ARE LOST FOREVER! ...TAGS HELP ME SEARCH/FIND MY PICS--THAT'S ENTIRE POINT OF THEM! BUT THEY DON'T BACKUP & aren't SAVED WHEN U SWITCH PHONES. IF internal memory gets too high I move half gallery photos to OneDrive & NEED A NAME or TAG TO FIND PICS in OneDrive etc. 

★★★★Pls FIX BOTH- TAG BACKUP + NAME EDIT FOR PHOTOS ASAP.

Pls send this to the best SOFTWARE DEVELOPER or whoever takes care of the SAMSUNG GALLERY-- I don't want the feedback to be missed. I want somebody to read it because it's important.

They used to let us EDIT THE NAME OF OUR PHOTOS but now we can't anymore. That's not fair.

10:31 PM
A Samsung rep told me: You can also share your feedback in the Samsung members app. SO OUR DEVELOPERS TEAM WILL LOOK INTO IT AND MIGHT RELEASE AN UPDATE REGARDING THIS.

★★I pay $1,400 for my phone so I should be able to do with it how I please. That's a lot of money that I give you + I buy a new phone every year for 10yrs since Note 1. So I've given you guys probably $10,000 + I buy 2 of your TVs + all of your EXPENSIVE headphones & earbuds.
I've given you ***$22,000!*** buying your products.
So I hope that you take this seriously and make sure the right people hear me.

I deserve to be heard by a manager or a supervisor or Developer! Not just a members community.

Please submit this to a MANAGER or SOFTWARE DEVELOPER to ensure they HEAR ME.
21 Replies
LeLeD120
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I agree, same issue. please fix this.
StimmyPizza
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You can rename photos in the My Files app
0 Likes
LeLeD120
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
hmm, thk u, I'll try it! but it if takes longer than simply clicking the photo rt after taking it (i.e. taking a screenshot u can click the photo rt while taking it, then it opens the photo, you scroll up on the photo to see details, then edit photo name/tags/loc. and can do the same taking in camera, click on the photo u just took, swipe up for details, then edit name)... then it's not the solution I hope they keep us using.

So ques: after I take a screenshot then go to my files>>internal>>dcim; OR is there a "photos" button next to the "documents" and "music" buttons on the My Files homescreen?
0 Likes
StimmyPizza
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
you can just tap Recent Files at the top and it'll be there
LeLeD120
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I see it thanks. it's definitely not as fast but it's a workaround until they fix it. I'd rather be able to just quickly click on the photo that I just took or the screenshot that I just took and it'll take me straight to the photo and then scroll up on details and edit there. rather than closing out whatever I just did the camera or screenshot then opening the folder where my files app is then clicking on that images and videos and then searching for the picture and then renaming it. that takes a lot longer but thank you very much that is a big help for now
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
They're probably not going to "fix" it as it was removed intentionally and not by accident.
0 Likes
LeLeD120
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I understand it was intentional when I say fix I mean they need to go back and fix this dumb intentional mistake that they made because it was a huge mistake. we need to be able to edit both the location the name and the tags in the details of the photos like always. so yes they need to fix it aka change it. I still have no clue why they would intentionally take that feature away. s*** like that makes me not want to use Samsung ever again
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Get this app at Google Play Store... for $1 you can get pro version. This will be your best bet for renaming your pics for now. Hopefully Samsung corrects their blunder and brings back the renaming feature to Gallery.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobiletools.gallery

Be sure to click  " ✓ Accept as Solution"  when you find an answer that works for you.  -  Thanks!
LeLeD120
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
this looks great, but does it save the pictures can I upload it to the cloud? because I can rename the photos from the my files app as the gentleman said above. but I could use this app if it will help me be able to add tags or rename them and then upload it to the cloud so that it will never be lost all the photos I mean. it didn't mention that in the description whether or not you can upload to cloud or save the photos. it did say that it can recover deleted items which is great
0 Likes