Original topic:

Samsung Note 20 Ultra- Customization

(Topic created on: 5/4/21 9:10 PM)
Noob
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
There's a reason I choose to use Samsung phones, the many customization choices and settings. Of course other reasons as well but this post is about customization... They changed the edge panels ( which I use a lot ) to white unless you're in dark mode. The white is horrible and dark mode overrides my theme. Now I see Bixby no longer has the option of dark background unless you turn on dark mode. Also, I can no longer change the default color for apps for the edge lighting. I feel like they are taking away some really good features that Apple products don't have. Yes, they did add some cool new customization features for incoming call background and how the name and contact picture is displayed, but don't take away features because of third party apps. That was my answer why the edge panels only change with dark mode, because of all the third party apps. We'll, I don't use third party edge panel apps. Some people might, and that's ok.. just don't assume we all do one thing and take away from the many choices we had. This may seem petty to some but I like to customize my devices a certain way, and love to have endless options. Sometimes too simple is frustrating lol if anyone out there agrees with me, feel free to let Samsung know, maybe the more people that speak up, they will listen!!... 
5 Replies
Whitelightening
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I agree about not using third party apps.
I just got a New Galaxy Note 20 ultra 5G.
Any Advice? Security has been my Biggest issues
Noob
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Security? As in lock screen or app locks? Please explain.. I love my Note 20 Ultra 5G. I've had no issues aside from my post but that's really my issues with them getting rid of customization features. There's some great YouTube videos that help explain everything from what to do when first getting your phone, all the way through to hidden features and settings to make your phone faster.
Whitelightening
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I must agree with you. I should watch some YouTube videos about settings up this phone. I made the mistake of turning on talkback that was a little freaky.. I am looking for family videos Mostly
Noob
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Interesting you mentioned the battery, I thought it was odd my battery wasn't lasting as long as usual. I thought maybe it was me lol.. yea the custom edge lighting for each app was great. Now you either choose one color for everything or default app colors. The edge panels really got me though. The white is horrible. And looks bulky. When it was dark, it looked sleek and very neat, now it's just messy and bulky looking.
Noob
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have been an Android person for a very long time. Then I discovered Windows came out with this amazing phone, the Nokia Lumia 1520. It was one if the first phones with a 6" screen. Over time eventually Windows left the phone business and stop updating and supporting their phones. I had to of course get something new. Android it was lol anyway, long story short, just recently I needed a second cell and someone gave me an iPhone. I cannot stand iphone. The options are almost nonexistent. It's Simple Stupid. Customization **bleep**. I really hope Samsung does not become Apple either. Idk what I would do. I'd probably cancel my cell service. I'm hoping the Samsung people/developers read these forums and change things back. If enough people complain or suggest a change in the next update I'm hoping they will please the masses that use their awesome phones. ( hint hint lol ) Yes, the battery thing, I never did use the battery saver options. I knew they were there and it was nice just knowing I had the options available to me if needed. Just goes along with the ability to personalize your phone to your own tastes. ( That is something Apple is seriously lacking )