cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cotons
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Note 7 US Product Exchange Program

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This doesn't concern me at all, as I have never in my life had a single scratch on one of my phones.  I always purchase Samsung Protection Plus on my Samsung phones, but never have filed a claim. When you exchange or sell a phone covered by Samsung Protection, they give a prorated refund of the premium.  

bestpi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Love mine too but the government just got involved see samsung's posting of today 9/9/2016

1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Until time of approval, select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, with a Samsung J Series loaner phone to use until new Note7s are available.

So now it could be months or it could be never. And the "J" series is the bottom of foot in between toe.

Don't want an edge but it's looking like either I roll the dice that mine is not one of the bad ones and that the recall won't void my warranty because I didn't trade it in or I bite the bullet and get an edge so I'm not completely screwed. The Upside I guess is without the stylus they had room for a bigger battery. It comes with a 3600 Mah battery.

Highlighted
Teresama67
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ya I'm not gonna hand over my note 7 for a  J series ...im wondering how long will it take to get approved?  How does this affect the deadline to exchange? 

dallasstx7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wouldn't take a Samsung J? Either, but don't take the risk and keep the note 7 in your home, car or hand. I would return it and at least keep using your old phone or take a s7. I kept my old phone so I just got a refund 

bestpi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
They just increased the one and tenor of the recall telling us to shut them off and do not use. TSA is "at present" asking that then not be turned on or charged while onboard and not checked in luggage. They are just short of banning their presence onboard. Some pilots are suggesting that they are surrendered to staff during flight.

I think that the Note 7 is not going to exist in the U.S. ever for one simple reason. How will the tsa or anyone else KNOW if the note 7 in someone's hand is a new one or an old one waiting to be an unintended explosive at any moment.

I love my Note 7 but I can not see this turning out well. I think I will suffer through an edge and be happy I get an even bigger battery then in the note. I don't use the stylus that much anyways and the money I'll get back will pay for a larger SD card so the 32 Gig difference won't be noticed.

This is just my opinion however.
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please stop hyping up these stories.
Much larger laptop batteries have gone up in flames and no one heard an airline ban laptops. Did you?
This is just hot news topic. Wait until something else becomes bigger news and this will be all forgotten.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

bestpi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Superman I don't think that suggesting that after the now 100 cases of flaming note 7's one burning down a new Jeep and two causing house fires and more than a few causing injuries is hype or hyperbole.

I just got an Email from Samsung directing me to power it down and not to use it. How long before they tell carriers to disconnect service to force us to hand them over.

Will there be a bigger news story tomorrow? Perhaps. Let's just hope it's not regarding your house.
Good day.
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I did not say the device catching fire was a hype. I said " They are just short of banning their presence onboard" is hyping up the issue. whoever says that is making news up.
There is fact and there is non-fact. That is my point.
Fact is that Samsung has no choice to tell every Note 7 owner to power down the device. Because it is not an official recall and there is a protocol to be followed there. It is not like Note 7 became more dangerous over night.
There has been one claim of a jeep catching fire and case of a hotel room damage of $1500 due to Note 7 fire and there have been about 35 cases of Note 7 fire related incidents. Those are facts as broadcasted by global news media.
I am not taking the issue lightly. It is concerning even if chances of phone catching fire are very very low. One fire is one too many.
Samsung is clearing the market of these phones and I hope this becomes a good lesson for all phone and tablet and laptop makers.
I am sure Samsung has learn their lesson.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

dallasstx7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well one good thing that will come out of this is that Samsung will improve and take safety measures to insure that future phones will not have the same problem. So hyping it up is not bad in some cases. I would say hyping this issue up since its safety related is not a bad thing. Now the bending iPhone or the spen getting stuck from people's stupidity of inserting it backwards was hyped up out of control. That's like saying your car stops running when you accidentally put diesel in it and then complain to the manufacturer that their car has an issue. Common sense is just not common anymore. 

Walt-Nice
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The best phone for me too... I hate having to take it back.  But gotta think of others... Sigh!