cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Samsung Note 7 US Product Exchange Program

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Phillyasdf wrote:

If it comes to having to return the note more you should all save a few hundred dollars and get a One Plus 3, Moto z or wait for the new Nexus.

That's what I did, I took mine back to a Verizon corporate store (Ukiah, CA) on Labor Day and got a Moto Z Force Droid, and I LOVE it! I have a Note 5 on my other line, so I'm set Smiley Very Happy

Current Device- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Aura Black, 256 GB
steve2150
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fox news on Mornings with Maria reported Samsung said they might deactivate 2.5 million Note 7's after Sept 30

Leedesert
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@steve2150 wrote:

Fox news on Mornings with Maria reported Samsung said they might deactivate 2.5 million Note 7's after Sept 30

They said that about France.  They followed that by adding laws and rules are different from country to country so they weren't sure what would happen in the US.

Leedesert
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can trade or you can get a loaner till the note 7s come in.  You did a trade.  Samsungs most recent announcement talks about the loaner program.

Highlighted
Teresama67
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think tmobile is doing a great job with this exchange program they posted tmobile customers can pick any phone they have in stock and use it as a loaner or keep it and if you want it can be over night shipped! I'm not plan on doing that but it's great to know the option is there! . .atleast a j isn't only option for a loaner ...

Tristanh
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will say that the lack of concrete info on this is irritating. T-Mobile has been excellent for me during this time but even then,  the information has varied from rep to rep. 

The biggest disaster has been the perceived lack of communication. 

pdizzle710
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, Tristanh. One T-Mobile rep said 1 to 3 weeks for a replacement and another rep said a month or two. This whole thing is a debacle.

Communication, replacement process, and compensation from Samsung has been horrid.

TGoodwin
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm dealing with Verizon.  Over the last 3 days over 30 hrs invested.  And them refusing me a exchange cause of a issue they had with my note 5 I traded in they misplaced.  I couldnt get a replacement phone.  After all the calls and back and forth to the store.  I contacted the BBB.  This made Verizon step there game up.  I own probably 20 Samsung devices between phones, tablets, tv's, etc.  That I currently use.  I've had every galaxy since s2.  Then went to note 2, 3, 4 ,5, and 7.  Verizon got me a iPhone 7plus at no cost to me.  Plus gave the wife a early Upgrade to the iPhone 7.  Looks like Apple tv and ipads, etc for us now.   Samsung get directing me to Verizon which they didnt help.  Problem fixed now.

NJPARK
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They started with good intentions but failed at seeing this through. All they need to do is a better job at communicating. I'm only guessing but I think their legal counsel is advising not to put out too many communication as this may have bigger legal implications than we all think. It's just leaving bad taste in everyone's mouth. 

I'm considering returning my my Note 7, New VR, 360 camera all together since its pretty worthless without the phone. This is the action we as a consumer can take without waiting for SAMSUNG to put out a better resolution. It is unsafe so returning Note 7 will result in returning everything I have purchased. I can always buy it later if i even want too at this point. 

Los1012
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well said.  I think you are correct. They are looking after themselves which is fine but don't screw us while you are doing that