cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wakekiller
Constellation

Re: Samsung Note 7 US Product Exchange Program

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also just talked to Verizon.  I was told I can switch to another phone for free.  If I choose another Samsung I get a $25 credit on my bill.  She told me she could not confirm or deny that I would be able to switch back to a new note 7. She didn't know any shipping dates. 

I asked her if it was possible I could get stuck with whatever phone I choose as temporary, and she said yes it's possible. 

This was the call center. Today I will stop by a local corporate store and talk to a manager. 

By the way she also told me if my battery wasn't getting hot I should just keep the phone. I would love to,  but I don't see any way of determining which battery my phone has. 

Leedesert
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wouldn't do it unless I had in writing that the phone they gave me was a loner until the new note 7 came out. I'm not gonna let Samsung use this as a vehicle to push their other phones when that's not what I paid for. 

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By the way she also told me if my battery wasn't getting hot I should just keep the phone. I would love to,  but I don't see any way of determining which battery my phone has. 

I wouldn't trust any carrier sales rep to give me advice on this matter. Be careful who you listen to. 

If Samsung had a way of identifying the "bad batch" they would not go through this mess and exchange all Note 7s. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Leedesert
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They can't tell which phones have them but on of the early symptoms is the phones routinely gets hot.  Mine has never even approached warm.

Seerob2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Love my Samsung note7, just not happy with the exchange program. It through Verizon! They seem to differences  with their information on exchanging for the new note 7, from store to store....

Highlighted
Teresama67
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung has on there page new notes available on 21st

Wes18
Halo

People who purchased Note7 on Samsung.com

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like for the people at Samsung to be more specific for those who bought the device from Samsung.com, directly. Everybody else seems like they've gotten taken cared of but for us who bought directly, it's very VAUGE. Yes, sure you say call the 1 800 number but all we get is a run-around.

If it's possible, could you post ANY instructions on what to do? That would be great, it would give us a peace of mind. It just seems hard to get in touch with people who actually knows what's going on. (Not to fault the reps, they're only doing their job.)

It's getting real frustrating and I don't even have the phone yet! (Tomorrow is the ETA)

Neutron Star

Re: People who purchased Note7 on Samsung.com

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Wes18

Can you pelase be more specific about your experience when you called Samsung? 

Wes18
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Superman:

Hi! Sure thing.

When I called, I talked to two reps who weren't in the know of the situation (btw they were super nice and helpful) but

when I finally got switched over to rep from Samsung.com directly she was only saying that I would have to call back next week

(this week) so they can answer my questions then. I was like, "okay..." I asked if and when they contact me, are they going

to send me via email a "return label". Did not get an answer, all I got was the same, "call next week".

I don't know, I just felt like she was giving me short answers and I felt uncomfortable with the situation. For buying an

expensive phone like that, I wish customer service was aleast pleasent. (Which I didn't get from the third rep. The two

reps before her were awesome.)

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Wes18

So looks like you called them before Samsung figured out what they are going to do and before officially announced the recall on their website. Anyway they where in the middle of figuring out what to do , so it is clear that people on the phone are not going to know what the next steps are as they are not told what the plan of action is, right?

I bet you will have a different experience if you call them this week.

What everyone needs to remember is that this is a gigantic operation and just alone informing the global work force of all the details and nuances is going to take some time. 

I do not give Samsung credit for Note 7 problem that caused the recall in the first place but if they pull off a plan and start a recall in a week, others need to learn from them. This is good execution.