Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Teresama67
Galaxy

Re: Samsung Note 7 US Product Exchange Program

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got off phone with tmobile they say they are still waiting to hear from samsung if they will have note 7 tomorow 21st or if they are just getting shipped? ...tmobile web page clearly says it should have replacements in most store locations by 21st but customer care says they haven't herd from samsung and still don't have any...they suggested calling first before going to store incase they aren't in 

CCTop
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A T-mobile Retail store near my area told me that those Samsung Galaxy Note 7 that shipped to you (i.e. pre-ordered or ordered online) are to exchange at any "corporate" T-mobile store. The sales rep conveyed what the Samsung rep told them.

pdizzle710
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung now has 500,000 new Note 7s in the U.S. waiting to be exchanged

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-says-500000-new-note-7s-are-now-us-ready-exchange?utm_content=...

Superg05
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

did anyone use the Samsung imei checker only to find you returned a perfectly good device for nothing?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not going to happen.  The IMEI checker will identify any phone sold prior to the recall as a bad phone.  Ultimately, this tool will be used to screen phones after the new ones  start shipping.  I know it's hard to believe, but there are still a lot of people out there who 1) do not know (or care) about the recall; and (2) will just take the update that just stops the charging at 60% and go merrily on their way.  Later, they will try to sell the phone to someone else who, hopefully will be sharp enough to check the IMEI.

If you think that there are not any folks out there who meet the first criteria, look at the posts from folks who are talking to customer service people at the carriers who know nothing about the recall Smiley Happy

Worse yet, I suspect that there will be a lot of phones that "disappear" during the return process and I would not be surprised to see these phones hacked and resold with the green battery icon in place.  FWIW, the Note 7 is rootable.  If a phone is rootable, all bets are off as far as cute stuff that can be done to the display, including recoloring the white battery indicator to green. Smiley Mad

Don't be too surprised if you see the reputable resale sites link to this IMEI checker to help their customers.

by SteveHogan
Formerly a slave to a Galaxy Note 7
Now enjoying my freedom with an S7 Edge on Verizon
( I hate Verizon least of all Smiley Wink )
And still watching a Samsung 55KS8000 when I can

Help others on this forum.  If you are the originator of this topic, please be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Ladiesy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used it the phone I had was affected, according to the ime number 

Samfunked
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They are selling them!

Hoolahanna
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my note 7 from Samsung directly. I have made 5 calls asking where my email with return shipping labels so u can send thus phone back for a refund, that is the only option they won't send another phone .  I am exasperated trying to go forward so I can go to my carrier to purchase another note 7  

I've sent emails as well and each time told to go to another samsung@samsungusa.com site. And get the same response .  I'm ready to pull my hair out!

gary7691
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Hoolahanna

They are stalling for some reason, they are not even doing the shipping label anymore. They are now telling us to wait a week and they will get back with us. 

All I want to do is send my phone back, I already got another phone I dont need this one anymore.  

Wes18
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Hoolahanna

Hi Hoolahanna,

The lady I've been in contact with me from Samsung told me that Fedex and UPS voided all the labels and are refusing to ship the damaged units on account that they might explode.

If you want to talk to people (myself included) who bought the phone directly from Samsung, please look at the thread "Note 7 - US - Replacement Note 7 - from samsung.com" and share your thoughts there.

I know, I can feel your frustration... I thought I was already done with the process by submitting a ticket to get a label but that seems to be out the window.