cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Chief
Cosmic Ray

Samsung, PLEASE don't kill off the Galaxy Note line!

Hi Samsung, short version: PLEASE DO NOT KILL OFF THE NOTE!

Long version: I am a Galaxy Note enthusiast and have owned every Note model except the original 2011 Note and Note Edge... including two Note 7s. Now I'm reading inside leaks that housing the S Pen forces a reduction in battery capacity: which prevents "aggressive" camera upgrades and increases bezel size. There is talk of eliminating the S Pen... which is the heart and soul of the Note.

That S Pen is VITAL to a lot of us - not only artists, but people with larger fingers that tend to shake a little. Tapping things with my finger is much more difficult than using the surgical accuracy of the S Pen. Smart Select and Screen Write in the Action Menu are important features that I use a lot to capture an image or paragraph to send to a contact.

If Samsung could combine an improved Galaxy Fold with an S Pen, there would be plenty of room for the S Pen, battery, cameras and screen circuitry. I would be first in line to pre-order it. But please, don't take away our beloved S Pen. Thanks for your time and consideration!
8 REPLIES 8
HoneyIce
Constellation

I absolutely agree. I love my s pen. I've own several Sam...

I absolutely agree. I love my s pen. I've own several Samsung Notes as well. I hope they keep the line.

userJbonIJCpYc
Constellation

I agree. I will change to Apple if need be or just keep t...

I agree. I will change to Apple if need be or just keep this phone forever.

Samsung Care Ambassador

If Samsung kills off the Note line, there will be a huge...

If Samsung kills off the Note line, there will be a huge amount of backlash. I think we're safe for a long time. Everything is fine.

The_Chief
Cosmic Ray

Re: If Samsung kills off the Note line, there will be a huge...

Would the backlash be that huge? The number of people who need, and pay for, the extra power-user features of the Note line, over the more media-consumption features of the S line, is miniscule by comparison. Until just a few years ago, the Note had the advantage of vastly larger screen size... but that difference is minor now, as most smartphones have increased screen size to match the Note.

About the only real differentiator left is the S Pen and its companion functionality... and who's to say that the S Pen functions won't be turned on and off in a future S11's or S12's Settings, and an external S Pen sold as an optional accessory? I'm sure Samsung would jump at the chance to merge the two lines to increase profits. I would not be the least bit surprised if that happens: and outrage would really only come from the Note faithful like us. That's my concern.

Highlighted
The_Chief
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung, PLEASE don't kill off the Galaxy Note line!

There is talk of merging the Galaxy S and Note lines into a single Spring release, leaving the late summer/autumn release open for the Fold models. As a long time Note enthusiast, I would like to weigh in on this conversation.

I have no problem at all with a merging of the S and Note lines into a simple Galaxy line- so long as the S Pen remains an intricate part of it. There could be a Galaxy11, a Galaxy11+ and a Galaxy11N, signifying the Note version, with a slightly smaller battery but with an S Pen.sold

Another option, though certainly not preferable, is an external S Pen that can be sold as an accessory. That way, Note and S Pen functions could be turned on or off in Settings. The external S Pen could pair with any Galaxy or Fold device.

My 2¢ - thank you for your time and consideration!

Ftnessfan
Constellation

I agree! This is my third Note phone and I love it! The S-Pen is one of many things that separates Samsung from Apple and we want to keep it! If we Note  a probowners hadlem with the battery life, we would have said something by now so don't go fixing things that aren't broken!

iFORGOT
Cosmic Ray

To be honest I'm on the Upgrade plan, so every year I get to trade in my old note for a new note. If Samsung decides to merge the note line with the S line, I'm all for it, so long as I'm still able to upgrade right away when the new line is released. It would mean I trade in my current note 6 months earlier than expected 1 time. I would hate to be stuck on an upgrade plan 6 months after release of the new phone...

The_Chief
Cosmic Ray

I was on the upgrade program but was so disappointed with Samsung's shipping on the Note 10+ that I quit it. I ordered the upgrade from the Note 9 and was informed that my Note 10+ would ship in three weeks! The Note 10+ was in stock at Amazon, with two-day shipping... so I bought the thing outright and paid off the Note 9 so I could sell it. Turns out that I really disliked the Note 10+ and sent it back... but Samsung has a strange way of showing gratitude to their most devoted customers. One would think that Samsung would reserve enough of a new device for everyone on the upgrade program so they could ship it out immediately on request, but apparently that's not the case...