Original topic:

Samsung Trade in scam

(Topic created: 07-30-2021 07:53 PM)
Okokok
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Beware! 

I just got notified by Samsung that my trade in was not accepted and that I will be charged.

Why are you charged?

Your trade-in did not meet our requirements because:

Your device does not power ON.
Your device does not startup to the home screen and function normally.

You did not disable your personal security locks, including factory reset protection or activation lock.

These are.lies.

The phone powered on started up to the android home screen and worked with Sprint before I sent it in.

If it didn't power on how could it they determine the next two conditions. 

I fell for it I had read that some people had issues with Samsung Trade INS but figured that they were sketchy.

I have a bunch of Samsung devices and equipment and bought into the ecosystem.

I won't be ripped off by a company. I switched from HTC to Samsung because of a bad experience and will do the same here.

So not be scammed by their "highest offers for trade INS" baloney. They will never pay out because they makes stuff up to get you to buy.

Don't do it Buyer beware.

7 Replies
goochbuntu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Sorry this happened. Kinda never trusted them With trades. Many new phones are coming out. And with how 5g is changing things and 2g and 3g ending I feel like something different will change where we will buy phones and not have to worry about carrier compatibility since it will be iot and a software phone and message app within in it while another device handles the carrier. We are within 5 years of this technology.
1. Wifi calling 2. Volte 3. Rcs
All run off data and internet we are basically there now
0 Likes
ptco911
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have had no problems with the trade-in program on two different phones.
0 Likes
Stan49
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I did they scammed me on one of my last phones cost me an extra 200 dollars
0 Likes
Lebritches
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

They just scammed me with an Active2 watch, saying it wasn't an Active 2 watch.  On my product page is the active 2 watch with SN and IMEI.  So they say I will still get a credit but not the amount I signed up for. They don't tell you the credit!  Had them send the watch back to me.  I'll sell it to someone else to use myself. Very frustrating!

Vanessa86
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just got an email saying the same thing... Sent them an Active2 I purchased from them last year in April, now they are saying it's not an Active2.  Funny, the pictures they sent me sure LOOK like an Active2....smh.  According to a customer rep, there is a "glitch" on their website that is causing this to happen....hmm, is this the same "glitch" that won't let me use the $50 credit they gave me when I bought the new Galaxy 4 watch? Waiting for a call back right now from the eservices team....will see how that goes, but may end up doing what you did and have them send me back the watch so I can sell it to someone myself.  This is putting a REALLY BAD TASTE in my mouth for this company. 

0 Likes
Samsung Ryder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I completely understand how much this experience has affected you. I wish I was equipped to handle your order information, but instead, I suggest you reach out to our E-Commerce department at, 1-855-726-8721. You'll be in good hands there. Thanks!

0 Likes
Vanessa86
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I did reach out to e-commerce and that particular trade in issue is fixed....they watched the trade in video and realized it WAS an Active2. NOW, however, they are trying to tell me my husband's Active2 has a cracked screen and speaker. Again, looked at the pictures submitted with the email.....one picture shows a cracked screen, and it shows the back of the watch....little plastic arrow pointing to ???? Whatever it's pointing to, it ISN'T a crack. Another picture shows a cracked screen, but it ISN'T THE WATCH I SENT IN...when I sent in the watch I sent the band with it, and I am so glad I did because the picture they sent me that does show a cracked screen ISN'T the watch I sent in....it has a silver band. The one I sent in has a black band. This is really crappy Samsung and from what I am reading on here, it's not an isolated incident. Maybe it's time to switch to Apple!
0 Likes