cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silverback305
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Update to disable charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep, I rooted my phone. Got back 100% battery and temp does not really get high at all. I also installed package disabler pro. So no updates or forced updates will go through, so samsumg won't be disabling my phone. I will hold out until the next galaxy. On top of that should they disable someone's phone and an emergency situation happened, they will be held responsible because even though they announced it, the person still kept the phone as a way of communication. If you cannot get to anyone especially 911 during an emergency they will be held accountable for causing the situation and that will be their biggest lawsuit. So samsung i ask you this are you really ready to put someone's life at risk by shutting the phones down. With such a low risk of it catching on fire you are actually posing a bigger risk with people's lives. Again I won't get the update so it really doesn't matter

Shopwreckn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have that 60% battery reduced crap on my phone. Would give anything to get rid if it and get my battery back  to 100%.

Dpgood1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Gome01
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Commissioner Ebrahim Mohamed says investigators will meet with the Samsung again at the end of the month to assess its progress.
"We were concerned about the number of phones that were involved. The initial amount of about 55 was reduced to 23." There's reports of half a dozen other phone models catching fire just this year. Anything with a lithium ion battery can explode/catch fire and if the rate is 1 in 1 million or 1 in 22,000 it just depends on how many models are sold as to how widespread it is or if anyone even finds out about it...Bottom line SAMSUNG should ofter replacement of a Note8 or 8Edge if not available a loaner Edge7 till they are available it's the right thing to due & keep your  $100.00 SAMSUNG!!!!  wanted a flagship smartphone not downgrade!!

Gome01
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note7 is perfect I waited a long time for it I owned many Apple since they started Steve Jobs pass so Innovation stopped I tried LG g4 g5 then my Note7 best smartphone I owned to date never gets hot under heavy use only warm it's not swollen which would indicate the batteries are expanding from overheating could cause them to short out and catch fire but not even the case with my Note7 I always monitoring the temp now there going to send out an update to make it a BRICK so wrong samsung should send out a update that would turn phone off if battery temp gets to high there should be a temp sensor built it my iPhone would pop up telling me temp to high and it did shut off its a no brainer Samsung but anyway If this happens I have no choice but to give in & take it Back SAMSUNG should offer replacement of a Note8 or 8Edge if not available a loaner 7Edge till they are available it's the right thing to due & keep your $100.00 SAMSUNG!!! It's not our fault you want to pull the plug on these perfect smartphones & make us down grade Customer Satisfaction should come 1st period!!