Original topic:

Samsung cloud shutting down

(Topic created: 10-04-2021 04:30 PM)
Macdivaswagg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Now that Samsung cloud is shutting down, how do I transfer all my photos to an external hard drive on my desk top. 
0 Likes
8 Replies
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
What phone do you have?
0 Likes
Macdivaswagg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Samsung Galaxy Note10 plus
0 Likes
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Just connect it directly to your PC via the USB-C cable.
0 Likes
Macdivaswagg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I did, that...but I want my photos to go to an external hard drive not my desk top
0 Likes
Macdivaswagg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That external is connected to my hard drive
0 Likes
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
After connecting both your phone and external hard drive to your PC you should be able to drag and drop those files from the phone to the connected external hard drive using windows file explorer (short cut: Windows key + E). If you can't, then this is an issue with your external hard drive's software, not Samsung, and so, you'll have to copy them to the hard drive first, then move them to the external hard drive, then delete the files from your PC if you do not wish them to be there.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Also, if you are an Amazon Prime member you have unlimited photo storage thru their app Amazon Photos. You may wish to look into other cloud storage services, such as Google Cloud, OneDrive, and Dropbox. External drives can fail, be stolen, lost, or damaged in a fire. Storing important photos and documents in a safe offsite location is a good idea, even if you wish to still have them on an external drive. It also makes sharing photos and documents easy.
0 Likes
Macdivaswagg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It's askin to use the your phone companion app by Microsoft
0 Likes