Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Work Around from Samsung: Samsung email app issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It works for me as well.

Do we know when to axpect Samsung to resolve this issue?

:

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an issue with samsung email on my new S20 as well.  I tried the workaround described and I still can't sync email.  It works on my other samesung phone.   I also tried force stop and clear cash.  My phone seems to only synch mail when I reboot phone

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userCGGYlJrpyN Do you have a power saving mode turned on?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No it is not turned on

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried removing the e-mail account, rebooting the device, re-adding the e-mail address and then wiping the cache partition on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks a lot!

Uninstalling Chrome updates fixed it all.

Now I can read my emails!

/Zia

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had exactly the same problem on a Samsung J7 2017 using the Samsung email app.

Rolled back Chrome to v6x as per the instructions and the issue disappeared.  However for now I have re-enabled the auto-update on Chrome (so I don't forget) and will use the "turn the screen to landscape" trick to get the content to load to the screen.  Flipping the phone back to Portrait retains the updated email content - so just turn to landscape then back to portrait seems to be a useful work-around for now.

Thanks guys.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uninstalling the updates is an option.  I have observed this issue on both my note 8 and note 9.  

I have found that if you rotate the phone on an email with a blank body it will then display. It's annoying to do this, but allows use without uninstalling anything.

Also like others I have beem scouring the  net for a solution.  All that comes up other than this thread is the mindless drivel of clearing cache, recreating the account, and restoring the device.

I await the update from Google or Samsung on this.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, yet the Google chrome update rollback fix is not the solution, for me at least; I have always operated without Google chrome. Google chrome has been disabled since I got the phone a year ago; no updates have been performed because it is disabled. The problem started about a week ago. I seriously doubt the chrome update is the ONLY problem with the Samsung email app. Just as another post in this thread pointed out, if I rotate into landscape the email body will then download and appear. After owning numerous Samsung products and having software AND hardware issues over the years I reluctantly come to the conclusion that Samsung quality control just plain s*cks. I do not wish this were the case, as I love the features of their products. I have had issues with 3 phones and also a Note tablet and a t.v... I am done with Samsung. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You could always try enabling Chrome and turn off the auto-updates.  You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the Google Chrome app screen and make sure the version number starts with a 6.

I have turned off the auto-updates for Google Chrome and every day it somehow installs the update and I have to go in and uninstall the update AGAIN.  That does not happen with any other app that I have turned the auto-update off.  The is not a Samsung issue.....that is a Google issue.  

I am very technologically literate so I am 110% sure it is not an error on my side.  It may have to do with the fact that I sync Chrome across all my devices. I am still waiting on an answer from Google on that (which will never happen)! 

There is always going to be issues with technology.....regardless of the platform. 

It becomes tricky with Android devices because Google develops the operating system and then each different phone manufacturer has to make sure that the new releases/updates to the Android OS function with each of their devices' base operating systems.

It is a simpler process for iOS because Apple develops the operating system and is the only company that makes the products that use the OS.  It is much easier to collaberate on changes under the umbrella of the same company. However, there are also downsides to that set up as well.  

You may have less problems if you try an Android phone made by another company but it will always be a gamble. 

Iphones seem to be more user friendly but the flipside is there are A LOT fewer iOS apps. Apple also is slower to make changes with the functionality of their products. 

For example, on my iPad, I can display two different apps, side by side but that doesn't really work when holding the iPad upright. Apple has not made it possible to display one app on the top half of the screen and one on the bottom half of the screen.

I use my iPad for teaching over the web and it is a huge pain that I can't display a math problem (already written out) on the top half of the screen while I solve the problem real time (using a whiteboard app) on the bottom of the screen. I have to take the time to write out each problem before I solve it and it takes extra time to do that.  Therefore, my next tablet purchase will be an Android.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose as your next phone purchase!