JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung galaxy note 4 google services completely broken.

(Topic created: 05-30-2024 08:29 AM)
dingus mingus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Bit of an older model, no, i won't upgrade, so don't ask. I  had this phone sitting in my house for about 8 months (?) and decided to boot it up again. I factory reset the device, and after it updated and got everything set up, google playstore wouldn't log in. It was just sitting at the "Would you like to add a phone number?" and when i tapped on any of the buttons they just changed color slightly, and nothing happened. Furthermore, NO google services worked! I even created a new Google account and still, nothing. I did everything required on other forums, Reinstalling google play services, clearing cache, and even reset the phone a second time. Im guessing this is an update problem, since the phone previously ran android 4 (i think) and updated to 5.5. From what i've read, a lot of people have been having this problem with older samsung devices. Any ideas? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Google play store isn't supporter on the Note 4 or older devices they have lost access to app support and can't download new versions

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Google play store isn't supporter on the Note 4 or older devices they have lost access to app support and can't download new versions

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You can try installing lineageOS or another custom rom, but otherwise you are s.o.l., the device is no longer supported by Google services and upgrading is the only other path forward.
0 Likes