cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung in-app purchase popup

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why?  Is there a chance there is something bad on my phone?  I'm not trying to make any purchases, it just pops up randomly.  And it is really getting annoying.  I refuse to install, since I don't know what may be running in a hidden mode and start charging random things to my bank card. 

Galaxy note 8

Software version
N950USQS2BQL9

Model number
SM-N950U

Build number
NMF26X.N950USQS2BQL9

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Samsung in-app purchase popup

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You'll be okay, I promise. I wouldn't recommend wiping and resetting the device. You should be fine just downloading the plug-in, @jpwhre.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20180202-100047.jpg

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, @jpwhre. I can understand how that would be off putting to read, and I would like to shed some light on what Samsung In-App purchase plug-in is. Samsung In-App Purchase, also known as Samsung IAP, is a payment service that makes it possible to sell a variety of items in applications for Samsung Galaxy Apps. In-App Purchase can be used either to make a one-off payment or to pay for a regular subscription. Items that can be sold via In-App Purchase include premium content, virtual goods such as in-game items, and specific services with different length license terms. You can download it, and it is not required to make purchases.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It just recently started doing this.  And it doesn't do it cuz I'm trying to buy or sell something.  I don't have apps that offer premium paid content.  So, should I be worried about something trying to make a purchase without my consent, forcing this popup?  Should I wipe/reset my device?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You'll be okay, I promise. I wouldn't recommend wiping and resetting the device. You should be fine just downloading the plug-in, @jpwhre.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @jpwhre, I wanted  to thank you for posting to the thread! Please return here to the community if you need anything else.