Original topic:

Samsung keep the Note series

(Topic created on: 1/21/21 7:43 AM)
userZIrDZciqLr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I know that Samsung is always trying to be innovative with their phone products.  I understand trying to differentiate the phones they make from other manufacturers.  I also understand Samsung trying to set new trends like folding phones.  But for me and surely many others, we purchased Note phones for their abilities beyond the standard S series phone.  Note owners also enjoyed the utility of these phones because what makes them different and special comes with the phone when it is purchased.  Now, there is speculation Samsung will not make another pure Note phone.  This rumor seems strengthened by the Note 21 optional SPEN and separate case to secure the pen.  I also hope that Samsung doesn't expect Note owners to jump over to their folding phone line either.  For me, I'm still concerned with durability of the fold screens, water resistance and form factor size (both folded and open).  Also, there's still no guarantee that fold phones will come with a built in SPEN.  If Samsung can address those concerns, I might be willing to give up the Note for a folding design.  If they can't, then I hope Samsung keeps the Note line.
2 Replies
ducsurfer
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
does not make sense keeping notes phone as the galaxy s line fully supoorts Note line, fir what purpose to put a pen away neatly? its a simple fumction of cost cutting, i fully agree with Samsung save that cost and offer new lines cheaper s21 -$200
0 Likes
userZIrDZciqLr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
As a matter of Corporate function of saving money I agree with you. However from my perspective as a user of Note, function and convenience without added expense of accessories is welcome. It's more than putting the pen away neatly from my experience. The current Note phone securely stores the spen. Additionally cases tend to take a bit of abuse and do wear out and will often need replacing at an added expense just to keep your spen secure.