JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung members notification "critical services are in progress"

(Topic created: 03-22-2019 10:53 PM)
khurshidov9699
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Sometimes I get s notification from Samsung members app that says "certain critical services are in progress" and I can't get rid of it unless I restart the phone. Does anyone get that notification as well or is it just me, and if so what can I do to fix it? Because I also tried contacting Samsung and they said maybe it's because of the new update the PIE. So once I update I still got it after a week or two. I also inserted a picture.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
11 Replies
Options

Screen brightness automatically goes to 50% randomly especially when rebooting the phone this is after the pie update. Also happens in the mornings ( Hey Samsung don't delete this post it's a legitimate concern) thanks!

42 3 0

Savededa

Mobile data and wifi issues - sprint

Galaxy S10  

Mar 14, 2019 • Updated 1 wk ago

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

flagship phone and should not have any problem with apps!  My HTCs have always updated and managed apps efficiently, taking only minutes to update what I'm being told is too many apps on my Samsung.  What am I missing?  Or, are Samsung devices really just that shi tty at managing apps?

1 0 0

BALTHAZSAARBBB

Previous post deleted ( s9+)

Galaxy S9  

Mar 22, 2019 • Updated 6hr ago

Screen brightness automatically goes to 50% randomly especially when rebooting the phone this is after the pie update. Also happens in the mornings ( Hey Samsung don't delete this post it's a legitimate concern) thanks!

45 3 0

Savededa

Mobile data and wifi issues - sprint

Galaxy S10  

Mar 14, 2019 • Updated 1 wk ago a device from the US.  I reached out to Epic about this and got the following response pointing me back to you:

"I'm Russell, and I see that you're having a problem redeeming the new Samsung promotional skin, To help you with this, I suggest you try to re-install the game and see if it works, however if the issue still persists after troubleshooting, then I highly recommend you contact Samsung Support for a better resolution regarding this issue, as they can explain the exact reason why you are unable to claim the said promotional skin.

You can find them by using this link provided: at https://www.samsung.com/us/support/"

The exact error I get is a pop up that says:

Samsung In-App Purchase

Permission to purchase items in this app has been denied. (E9202/6050/com.epicgames.fortnite)

I then click ok and get another pop up error:

"We hit a roadblock"

24 0 0

WorstPlayer

Certain critical services are in progress

Note 9  

Mar 20, 2019 • Updated 3d ago

I've been seeing this on my notification bar. When I tap it nothing happens. What is it?

93 3 0

After many scripted and clueless replies, I got an answer from samsung+ support.

https://samsungplus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/359364

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Generally, we run a data collection service as soon as you install the app. On the android device, there would be a system notification like this when this background service runs, however, it should ideally go away after 2 to 5 mins.

As far as the issue wherein the notification doesn't go away, there's already a bug in place with the Developers to investigate why and to develop a fix. We do not have any time of frame yet on when the fix will be applied.

We would appreciate your time and patience in this regards.

If you have any additional concerns, please write back to us. We are happy to help you all the time.

............................................................................................................................................................................................................

mito
0 Likes
userhv5sbPrumM
Constellation
Options

I'm still getting certain critical services progress notification on my note 9 are you still seeing this.

0 Likes