Original topic:

Samsung notes add-on issue after update

(Topic created: 08-21-2020 11:45 PM)
usercqVzDNbF5W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

Recently updated notes on my note 8, now every time I try and open a note I get the message 'to view this note you need to install the Samsung notes add-on'.

The problem is that to install to update I'm taken to an unverified source! 

Why aren't I getting this update from the Galaxy Store or Google Play store?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userCltTXvmkVZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I don't know why, but I def didn't install the add-on. Just went to settings in Samsung Notes and chose the option to convert my old notes. Now I can access everything once again.

View solution in context

5 Replies
user2ZC0448ShW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same issue on my S10+. I am not prepared to load the app following the security warning that the app is from an unknown source. I have now lost access to my saved notes even after re-starting the phone. I am considering going back to a pen and paper, which is a little inconvenient and below my reasonable expectation of a productivity device.

@usercqVzDNbF5W wrote:

Hi,

Recently updated notes on my note 8, now every time I try and open a note I get the message 'to view this note you need to install the Samsung notes add-on'.

The problem is that to install to update I'm taken to an unverified source! 

Why aren't I getting this update from the Galaxy Store or Google Play store?

Solution
userCltTXvmkVZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I don't know why, but I def didn't install the add-on. Just went to settings in Samsung Notes and chose the option to convert my old notes. Now I can access everything once again.
userK10vhz6WM2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I did that and I lost about 50% of the notes that I was working on last night. It litterly erased part of the notes that I wrote last night. Why? Where are they? Not on any of my clouds! I converted as you suggested and now they are gone!!

0 Likes
userQqv4KzV4Tb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Problem I have now is I took uninstalled Notes and reinstalled and now I can't get my old notes.  Any solution

0 Likes
userQqv4KzV4Tb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I uninstalled Notes as well and can't get to my old (very important notes...  waiting for a solution

0 Likes