Original topic:

Samsung

(Topic created on: 3/23/21 3:59 PM)
Smartazz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
OK so I've been on the phone with Samsung on and off for the last 3 days for over 4 hours now combine. There is a glitch with Samsung software that is immediately shutting apps to use you open them something about the new Samsung update is not compatible with phones that are under to previous newer models. What this means is if you have an older phone obviously not the 2 newer ones that came out the software for your Samsung Galaxy does not work There is a glitch with Samsung software that is immediately shutting apps to use you open them something about the new Samsung update is not compatible with phones that are under to previous newer models. What this means is if you have an older phone obviously not the 2 newer ones that came out the software for your Samsung Galaxy does not work. 
9 Replies
Shelliam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
All you need to do is uninstall Android System Webview to fix the issue
Smartazz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I did, so did it att online through the support. Samsung did the same. it doesn't work on galaxy note 9, ( I know, its a 🦖)
0 Likes
bereer
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm having the same issue. How do I do that please?!
Crypto-Nerd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-Phones/Apps-Crashing-Stop-Blaming-Samsung/td-p/17664...

This is a link to the fix. This is across many Android devices. Not a samsung specific issue. It has to do with Google's app: System Web View
Chef31684
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
☝🏻
0 Likes
Smartazz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
no Samsung told me after paying it is through their recent update. certain apps are not supported. so they told me, that it could possibly be resolved by midnight :thinking_face:
0 Likes
usersgY7TCSRZ1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

" The apps crashing is related to Google's system app called "System Web View". And the issue isn't just on Samsung devices. It's across many Android devices.

If you need help with a fix there are many users who have already posted a fix for it till Google rolls out another bug fix update for Web View.
Here's a link to a YouTube video showing a fix!

I just found the above post and video, and my phone now works again. Only took 30 seconds to fix. Might work for the older phone! 
Welcome to the home of the best How-to guides for your Samsung Galaxy needs. In today's video, we show how to fix the latest issue with Android phones. Many ...
Smartazz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I did do that days ago. It did not work.
0 Likes
Smartazz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
it is only happening to my Galaxy, my laptop, wirk phone and handheld work tablet are all I phone products and they are all working fine. so I'm not sure. I'm a sitting :front_facing_baby_chick: until than. Thsnk you though
0 Likes