Alicia302
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Note 9.

I have tried:

--changed display settings to 10 minutes

--changed lock settings to 10 minutes

-- went from optimized performance (power saving) to high performance.

Nothing seems to work. The display settings keeps going back to 30 seconds. 

Is there a solution to this? I searched the web and these forums. Samsung- help?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
75 Replies
Kaiy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The same with my Note 9. set it 10 minutes but after a few seconds goes back to 30 seconds even if the settings are high performance.

After reading Brad's comment, I had downloaded an app for waking up display on receiving notifications called "Smartwake" and even though there was no settings in the app about screen display time out, I disabled that app and now problem is gone.

0 Likes
mudbug70
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine is doing the same thing. Overnight it changes from 10 minutes to 30 seconds. It happens whether or not it is power-cycled. I have it set to restart itself on Tuesday nights only, but every morning the timing has changed back to 30 seconds. It began happening after the update to Pie.

0 Likes
userrMyojQVLw7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My Samsung note 9 keep going back to going back to 30 seconds desplay when I set it to 10 min. Why?? Can't I fix it and how??

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userrMyojQVLw7 What troubleshooting steps have you tried in regards to your issue?

0 Likes
userrMyojQVLw7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Why wouldn't my Samsung keeps going back to 30 seconds after set it to 10 min. Display???

0 Likes
userWsgDYKZ8r2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I think I managed to do it been ok for past 3 days now. You have to change in 2 places. 

> settings (display) screen timeout 

>settings (secure lock settings) lock automatically. 

Hope this helps 

DRPANCHOLI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I think this problem has had been solved many days before kindly scan the former answer then you will find the answer.

In Samsung Note  9

Battery settings> optimise settings> screen timeout setting.

-Dr.Pancholi, India :india: 

0 Likes
userUUASTZLPbV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Evidently not as this is still an ongoing issue.  I have not seen a fix for 

One UI 2.0 and Android 10 for the Galaxy S9 and S9+  Version 2.0 yet.  All the screens shown in this string are different than v2.0!

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userUUASTZLPbV wrote:

Evidently not as this is still an ongoing issue.  I have not seen a fix for 

One UI 2.0 and Android 10 for the Galaxy S9 and S9+  Version 2.0 yet.  All the screens shown in this string are different than v2.0!

Well, all the screens look different because this thread is almost a year old.  They're all One UI V1.0.  Most of us haven't even gotten 2.0 yet.  The "Fix" for about 90% of the people with this problem has been listed several times in this thread.  Give us some time to look at 2.0 when we get it and see what we can figure out.  

And no, most of us here are not Samsung employees.  

0 Likes
userLiC07UFbA7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The last update seems to have been the reason behind this situation. 

0 Likes