Alicia302
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Note 9.

I have tried:

--changed display settings to 10 minutes

--changed lock settings to 10 minutes

-- went from optimized performance (power saving) to high performance.

Nothing seems to work. The display settings keeps going back to 30 seconds. 

Is there a solution to this? I searched the web and these forums. Samsung- help?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
75 Replies
userRHOdZAke0B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same issue and I cant fix it

0 Likes
usereA06rQfDFm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

For some reason when I go to my settings I don't have that option.

nancygail
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

In the year since this post therea been updates and now that option is no longer where everyone says it is. I searched and searched and can't find anywhere in the power or battery mode that allows me to make sure it doesn't reset to 30 second timeout every day. Incredibly annoying.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@nancygail wrote:

In the year since this post therea been updates and now that option is no longer where everyone says it is. I searched and searched and can't find anywhere in the power or battery mode that allows me to make sure it doesn't reset to 30 second timeout every day. Incredibly annoying.

Settings > Device Care > 3 dots upper right corner > Advanced > Optimize Settings > Screen Time out.  Turn that off.  The caption with the switch setting says "Screen will turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity."

Try that and let me know please.  

Matty8181
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This worked perfectly

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

@nancygail wrote:

Settings > Device Care > 3 dots upper right corner > Advanced > Optimize Settings > Screen Time out.  Turn that off.  The caption with the switch setting says "Screen will turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity."

0 Likes
EshAlexa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

In Device Care, click Battery at the bottom left, 3 dots at the top right, Settings, Optimize Settings, & Screen Timeout. 

0 Likes
usercLGb7DQEH3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Matty8181 wrote:

This worked perfectly

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

@nancygail wrote:

This was the correct instructions to navigate to the discussed setting. I'll let everyone know if this works in a few days after I've verified it. 

usern70fzPRbfx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Wow, this happens to me with my S8 phone too. Very frustrating!! I'm going to review responses here, hoping it will help my S8

0 Likes
Samsung_vcfZWAy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I WUD SUGGEST TURN OFF UR DEVELOPER OPTIONS GUYS I HAVE THE NEWEST UPDATE ON MY NOTE 9 N WHEN DEVELOPER OPTIONS IS ON IT SEEMS TO CAUSE MY PHONE TO ACT UP HOPE IT HELPS YOU ALL KEEP ME POSTED AND COMMENT IF THIS HELPED YOU

0 Likes
Samsung_vcfZWAy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

TURN OFF DEVELOPER OPTIONS GUYS IF YOU HAVE IT ON..IT SEEMS TO MESS WITH THE UPDATE AND ALSO DEPENDING ON WAT SETTING YOUR PHONE IS ON AS FAR AS WAT POWER MODE YOU HAVE IT ONN GOOD LUCK COMMENT LET ME KNW WATSUP HOPE IT HELPS

0 Likes