JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen Unreadable In The Sun Samsung Note 10 j

(Topic created: 08-03-2021 11:20 AM)
Cottagefry
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
So after weeks and weeks of researching the Samsung Note 10 + problem of being unusable in the sun, watching videos on YouTube, researching online for hours and listening to some of the Samsung suggestions on how to fix my issue it's still continues to this day. I see the issue in forums forums, I see people talking about it but there's ultimately no fix. The same suggestions over and over again 👎😡 I happen to now believe that it's a battery or an :fire: overheating :fire: issue causing the screen to dim down to the point where you can't use it for any applications or directions if you're using it for GPS.  I have tested the levels of screen brightness when it dims into the sun and estimate it between a level of 20% and 30%, good luck and seeing anything in the shade on a sunny day let alone being in direct sun. It is absolutely impossible! The fact that I would get a comment that maybe I'm wearing sunglasses from Samsung and that's why I'm not seeing the screen bright enough is an absolute disrespectful comment and an insult to my intelligence and experience. I have been in the IT industry and dealing with technology for almost 20 years. I've tried every screen setting possible, hard reboot, soft reboot, app preference resets, adaptive brightness, power settings, with and without a case, it's really all complete madness and for the amount of money that you pay for a smartphone these days I should be able to at least read the screen in the Sun! My Samsung Galaxy 3 watch is no problem I can read that in the sun all day. But my Samsung Note 10 plus is absolutely useless. It's really disappointing that there's no solution to it and if I would have known that it was unusable in the sun I would have never purchased the thing in the first place. It would be nice if Samsung was able to admit that there is an issue and recall these things and or replace them. I really love the phone when I can use it but when I'm outside might as well not even bring it with me. So at this point if anyone has a solution, oh my God please pass it along because at this point where I've given up on research and Samsung support unless they're willing to do some kind of exchange or upgrade for a phone that actually works outside in the sun. That is all I ask for, something that works. Let's see if I get any response this time....

From a sad customer.

Paul
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the frustration with the symptoms you are experiencing and would recommend a service repair. Can you please provide me with your full model number and IMEI in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the frustration with the symptoms you are experiencing and would recommend a service repair. Can you please provide me with your full model number and IMEI in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes