Original topic:

Screen splintering

(Topic created: 04-10-2019 03:19 PM)
user9G9mxe32L3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have had my note 9 for 6 month.  I am now frustrated that around the top speaker the screen started to splinter.  This has caused a crack across the screen.  I have not damaged the phone at all.  I have been chasing answers from Samsung and at&t for over a week now.

IMG_20190402_175040.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

i would recommend contacting a authorized repair center to get it check on below is a link where you can find one to see whats going on 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

i would recommend contacting a authorized repair center to get it check on below is a link where you can find one to see whats going on 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

0 Likes
user9G9mxe32L3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I did. They said that unless Samsung says it can be fixed under warranty it will be $250

0 Likes
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just wondering do you have insurance on the phone from your carrier 

0 Likes
user9G9mxe32L3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No I do not

0 Likes
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

ok just wondering if you did you could have had it replaced with the insurance the repair option is pretty much the only option that i can think of at the moment 

0 Likes
user9G9mxe32L3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I find it interesting that although galaxy fold owners have taken the first layer off and have damaged their phone they get phones replaced/repaired...while I was told damage is damage.  Samsung knows how these were damaged and although Samsung screens are damaged..one is held at a lower standard

0 Likes
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Those were review units and they only got replacements because they were reviewing them they couldn't review a broken phone 

0 Likes
Acogs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

What do you mean by screen splintering? Please include images because I've had my Note9 for around 9 months now and I haven't had this issue but it is something that might happen to me with the long term use.

0 Likes
user9G9mxe32L3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

IMG_20190402_175040.jpg

0 Likes