Original topic:

Screens still aren't bright enough

(Topic created: 07-31-2021 06:17 PM)
Members_V3zuI5I
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is basically a future feature request. Before some of you lambast me, let me point out that I live in Miami, FL. We are a lot closer to the equator, therefore to the sun, than any other part of the U.S. outside of Hawaii, which is a few hundred miles closer. During the summer, the sun here is *really* bright. I bought the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G last fall specifically because it had basically the brightest screen around, and it helps. However, it's still nearly unreadable without shade on a July summer day in this region. Also yes, I leave the brightness on auto which is the only way it gets to true maximum brightness.

I realize much of the country, and the world for that matter, does not live this close to the equator; but for those of us who do, we could really use at least 1,300 nits of full-screen brightness and preferably more (for anybody who wants to point out that this model supports up to 1,500 nits of brightness, that's only for small spots, which doesn't help; full screen brightness maxes out right around 1,000) so we don't have to hold our hand over the phone and squint just to try and read what's on it during summer. 🙂

2 Replies
KevinEwardsjr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Sup
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

that sounds like a spec asking for massive burn-in issues and battery drain along with overheating... but if Sammy figures out a way to do it effectively then i'm down for 1300 nit brightness

0 Likes