JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Security preventing camera use

(Topic created: 04-06-2021 01:28 AM)
CuriousAlice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Note 9 which I love. Tonight, out of the blue I rcvd an error when attempting to use my camera saying a security feature was preventing the use of camera.  So I opened in safe mode and still the same error.  I haven't downloaded anything new, haven't gone to any sites to get noticed by hackers and I have no virus or malware. Is there a solution other than a full reset??? Please say yes.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CuriousAlice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you, I tried to locate the setting you speak of and have been unable to find anything remotely mirroring Protection of that sort. I was glad to hear that finally there was something that would assist parents in blocking that sort of thing but rather puzzled that nowhere was I able to locate that option. I don't have parental controls activated on my device bc I am 44 and have no need for them but perhaps that might be where they exist. I did not explore that end but might have too just for reference.

Either way my issue resolved itself and yet I am still left with why it happened which disables any preventive measures should it spontaneously happen again. 

Thank you for replying I appreciate the feedback 🙂

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Floydfans
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
One thing you can do go to the camera application and clean cache maybe that will help...
CuriousAlice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks so much! Honestly that was one thing I didn't do and should've known to do off the top as that's the first step usually taken in trying to identify the cause of any other issue. I feel like an airhead...LOL 

Thankfully I didn't have to do anything. The next morning I opened the camera app after completing forgetting the earlier issue and it was perfectly fine. Not sure what happened but it has since resolved itself. Thanks for replying 🙂

0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You need to disable "Smartphone Protection" settings for camera use. Its detecting that you are trying to take a selfie with Nudity involved and is preventing you from doing so. Its normally only utilized for Minors to prevent illegal photo taking. If you are an adult then you are perfectly fine. If you do a little googling you can read up about it. Hope that Helps
Solution
CuriousAlice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you, I tried to locate the setting you speak of and have been unable to find anything remotely mirroring Protection of that sort. I was glad to hear that finally there was something that would assist parents in blocking that sort of thing but rather puzzled that nowhere was I able to locate that option. I don't have parental controls activated on my device bc I am 44 and have no need for them but perhaps that might be where they exist. I did not explore that end but might have too just for reference.

Either way my issue resolved itself and yet I am still left with why it happened which disables any preventive measures should it spontaneously happen again. 

Thank you for replying I appreciate the feedback 🙂

View solution in context

0 Likes