JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sending vids thru the messaging app and gmail

(Topic created: 02-17-2021 10:39 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hello. New to this Community. Love my samsung note 10+. One issue I have though is the problem of not being able to send more than a 30 second long video thru messaging or thru gmail. With all the bells and whistles these new phones offer, why is it I can't send any videos longer than 30 seconds to people? I had this issue with other phones. The provider always said that you get what you pay for. So, here I finally upgrade huge to this samsung and still having the same issues. Your guidance is very much appreciated and welcomed. Thank you. 
0 Likes
8 Replies
EkkeVanVer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm using 'Pulse SMS' w no issues at all. Not sure about bigger files.  I like using my PC to send and receive SNS's too. Here's a link to the app on Google Play. And no, I have nothing to do w the app or getting paid to write this, I just like the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.klinker.messenger&hl=en_US&gl=US

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thank you for your time and suggestions. It is most appreciated. 🙂
0 Likes
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

hello @lovemynote10plususer 

mobile carriers are the ones who limit files over text...and gmail also limits files as well. The way I send larger video files is by link sharing. I use Google photos, so in the photos app, if you click on the video you want to share, then on the share icon on the bottom, it will give you the option to create a link to share, or you can choose the app you want to use to share the link with and then create a link in the next window.

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!

View solution in context

Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Oh my gosh!!! I could hug you right now! I literally just tried what you suggested and it worked!! Thank you Soo much!! It's sooo appreciated and kind of you to help. Now I don't have to waste Soo much time trying to edit, crop 3,4,5+ videos thru the default Galaxy Note 10 messages app. My family and friends will enjoy my videos much more, now. 🤗
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
oh, and if you could mark my previous post as a solution then it will be easier for others to search and find as well. thanks!
*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I didn't know how but I THINK I just did it ??
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
yes you did, thank you 😊
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
you're so very welcome! 😊