Original topic:

Service Repair Problem

(Topic created: 07-13-2018 12:00 PM)
Aaron_C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello Samsung community,

I sent my Note8 to Samsung for repair due to screen burn in. The phone was sent to a facility in Texas on June 7th and returned to me on June 18th. The display was fixed but the S Pen was missing. Before I sent my phone in I called Samsung to ensure I only sent the items they needed. The rep said to remove the SD card, Sim card, and case and ship the phone, charger, USB cord and to leave the S Pen in the phone.

I called Samsung on the 18th, minutes after I received the phone back. I was told the S Pen would be sent back to me. A new repair ticket was opened at that time. I called back on June 21st to see if I could get a tracking number as nothing with the new repair ticket changed. I was told the S Pen had not been shipped yet but they would get it sent out. I was told to wait 3-5 business days. I waited until July 3rd but nothing came so I called Samsung back. I was told the S Pen had not been shipped but they would get it shipped that day. I was told it would be 3-5 business days. It's now July 13th and I still don't have the S Pen. I don't think calling again will make a difference. Is there someone out there that can help me? I have the ticket number of the original repair and the new ticket opened for the missing S Pen. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Aaron_C; Hey, I apologize for any delay or confusion. We are still looking into the issue for you and we have escalated it to the appropriate parties. I realize you have heard this before, but I do assure you we are working to resolve this issue. We will follow up with you as soon as we have more information to share. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I would be glad to look further into this matter on your behalf. In order to get everything set up for you, I will need the following information. Please respond in a private message to http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2 . Thanks! 

First/Last Name 

Phone Number

Email Address

Physical Address

Place Of Purchase

Model #

Serial #

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Aaron_C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

PM sent

0 Likes
Aaron_C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey guys, just a quick update.

So far I have no resolution to this issue.

I would like to point out the mods here have been extremely responsive, but unfortunately I continue to get the run around when it comes down to actually getting the S Pen back.

It's been 7 weeks since I received my phone back from repair without the S Pen. I've placed 5 phone calls, 1 live chat, and several PMs with the mods here and I still don't feel any closer to getting my S Pen back.

I'd like to thank the mods here for a valiant effort but I've resigned myself to life without the pen.

I had a rep on the phone tell me they're escalating the issue but this is something I've heard several times  

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Aaron_C; Hey, I apologize for any delay or confusion. We are still looking into the issue for you and we have escalated it to the appropriate parties. I realize you have heard this before, but I do assure you we are working to resolve this issue. We will follow up with you as soon as we have more information to share. Thank you. 

0 Likes
Aaron_C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Another update: The warehouse was not able to get another S Pen sent to me. 

The mods here were able to secure a gift card so I can purchase an S pen on my own. This solution works for me and I'll be very glad to get an S pen in my phone and feel whole again.

I'd like to take the time to thank Mae, Amanda and the rest of the team that helped get this issue resolved.

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Your welcome!

0 Likes