cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samblak
Constellation

SideSync / MacOS Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I havent been able to use SideSync since the MacOS Sierra update. 

I tried deleting the app (on the Mac) and reinstalling and it says that the install failed.

I understand Sierra is new, so this is to be expected until the next update for SideSync comes out.

But I was just going to put this out there to see if anyone else has had this issue.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EmanDizzy
Constellation

Re: SideSync / MacOS Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe I found the issue, you have to manually allow permissions to sidesync through system preferences.

Techincally the software is running fine, but the installer itself does not apply permissions correctly.

1. Install sidesync per usual and when error appears stating installation failed at the end, it may ask you to move to trash or keep. Click "Keep"

2.  From the system menu (click the apple icon in top left corner) navigate to:

> System preferences

> Security & privacy

> Privacy   

3. Select "accessibility" on the left hand side of choices

- If you selected "KEEP" at the end of the installation, you should see Sidesync listed.

- Ensure "Sidesync" is checked off.

- Click  the lock icon to save your preferences (obviously you need admin privelage to even get in here, sorry i did not include the obvious prior)

4. Launch Sidesync

Hope this works for some of you.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm that the issue happens to me immediately after I upgraded to Sierra yesterday. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Higuetari
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. I've tried to install but it reports fail. 

From the list of requirements, I'm worried about the Mac system requirement: "10.7 or newer". 10.7, really? 

Anyway, should we hope for some update on the app by Samsung any time soon?

EmanDizzy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a huge deal breaker for me, this was the one feature that kept my world intact. At home i have a mac laptop and windows desktop, and my phone lived seamlessly between the two enviroments. When I recently upgraded to OS X Sierra, my world fell apart Smiley Sad Please upgrade Side Sync to be compatible with OS X Sierra... Pretty Please.

SamsungAsh
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone,

It's wonderful to see you all helping sharing your experiences in our community. 

I understand that this is affecting all of you and I would to offer some help.

If you would like further assistance with this issue, please contact me directly through private message. 

Thanks! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Higuetari
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry, what? Is this some sort of Bot, telling us to stop public commenting this issue?

vbhadrir
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Can you please let me know the trick to make SideSync work with the Mac Sierra update ? I am in a desparate need for a solution.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@vbhadrir

Even though upgrade says that it failed, I continued. when installer offered me to put the app in trash or Keep, I selected Keep. 

I then launched SideSync on my phone and on my Mac and connected them. It worked. Both via USB and via WiFi. 

So there is a error in installer and that is an issue. But the app still works. 

I am not sure if this works for me because I also have Android Studio installed. But you can give this a try. 

https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html

EmanDizzy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe I found the issue, you have to manually allow permissions to sidesync through system preferences.

Techincally the software is running fine, but the installer itself does not apply permissions correctly.

1. Install sidesync per usual and when error appears stating installation failed at the end, it may ask you to move to trash or keep. Click "Keep"

2.  From the system menu (click the apple icon in top left corner) navigate to:

> System preferences

> Security & privacy

> Privacy   

3. Select "accessibility" on the left hand side of choices

- If you selected "KEEP" at the end of the installation, you should see Sidesync listed.

- Ensure "Sidesync" is checked off.

- Click  the lock icon to save your preferences (obviously you need admin privelage to even get in here, sorry i did not include the obvious prior)

4. Launch Sidesync

Hope this works for some of you.

View solution in original post

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nice work @EmanDizzy.

Thanks for sharing.