JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Small piece of fingerprint scanner missing

(Topic created: 12-19-2021 04:38 PM)
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Should I be worried about a small piece of my fingerprint scanner is missing. Going to try to get in touch with Samsung also to see what I can do, maybe restarting the phone 2 get it resolved. Any ideas out there will be welcomed. Thank you and a very safe holiday season to all.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@MrAntPerky If you are talking about the graphic of a fingerprint on your screen? 

If so, that is normal. Nothing is missing. 

View solution in context

9 Replies
user734264fo532
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That doesn't make sense to me ... the reader is under screen, so how can a small [physical] piece be missing?

Or are you stating it's not reading your full fingerprint? That's entirely different
0 Likes
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It's reading my fingerprint, but if you magnify, you can see a part of it missing and I don't think it's the screen protector, unless my eyesight is going to. Please magnify to see what I'm seeing. Thank you sir.
0 Likes
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If u can enlarge pic I have with this question, you can see a small section of the fingerprint swirl, missing.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@MrAntPerky If you are talking about the graphic of a fingerprint on your screen? 

If so, that is normal. Nothing is missing. 

MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Can you magnify and take a look at it again to see part of it missing, please?
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Nothing is missing that looks exactly like mine are u talking about theirs a gap directly underneath the top line if so so does mine
0 Likes
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That gap was never there before today. This is the 1st time I've seen it appear, making me wonder if the fingerprint scanner was starting to malfunction!!
0 Likes
tom2044
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That is how the icon has always been for me always had that little gap.... odd it wasn't for you, but I don't think you should worry!
0 Likes
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thank you sir, thought for sure that it was the end of my fingerprint Scanner. Nice save, thank you again and Happy Holidays to you and yours!
0 Likes