cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Smule freeze on my Note 10+

Hi.. I am using a Samsung note 10+ and encounter problems with my Smule singing app. Whenever I choose a song to sing it will not start. I need to repeat a few times to initiate the music.

I've don't seem to have issues with other Samsung phones. 

Please advise if anyone knows how to fix it. I am using the latest SW version.  Please help. Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smule freeze on my Note 10+

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend force stopping and clearing the cache for the Smule app. Go to settings > apps > tap on Smule > tap on force stop > then tap on storage and clear the cache.

I would also recommend wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

it does not work at all. I've tried 3 times but still failed. I wonder if it's the app itself?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello,

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the Smule app to see if that helps any?

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi.. it does not fix the problem and continues with the same.. tried everything as recommended but nothing seems to work.

Any new SW update launched to counter this proble..?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If the SMule app is the only app you are experiencing an issue with, I recommend reaching out to the developers of the app for additional assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the exact same issue with my new note 10 plus. The abovementioned method didnt work for me either. It doesn't seem to be a common problem for most smule-users as I can't find anything about this except for this forum. Perhaps it could be a problem with our specific samsung model?  I don't have this issue with my old iphones..

When I want to start a song it counts 3.. 2.. 1.. and than freezes. The song doesn't start.

Hope we can find something for this problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same case and Waiting for Solutions

Highlighted
Constellation

I don't know what grant is not requested by Smule. But when I Install STAR MAKER and makes some collaborate with others, my Smule application doesn't freeze anymore.

Note:
Still have to use the USB Head Set. Using Bluetooth Head Set will cause Smule to freeze

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem with my note 10 plus