JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Software Not Updating

(Topic created: 12-18-2020 12:17 PM)
deathswoon23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My software is severely out of date on my Note 9. It says I am on Android 8.1, yet when I check for software updates in my settings, it says it is up to date. I spoke to an AT&T representative, who informed me they would send a force update, which never happened.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do next to try to get the updates on my software?

10 Replies
stanl56
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried clearing system cache? How about Smart Switch when connected to a PC? Does it show an update is available? Last resort is backing up everything with Smart Switch then do a factory data reset. After the reset check for system updates. Let us know if that works. 

Stanl56
Samsung Care Ambassador
Unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra (SM-988U1)
on AT&T
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

userpYhl0xqFEw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you are trying to back up your phone onto a Mac beware ! Smart Switch has not been optimized for Mac OS 64bit processing which may be why one cannot get the backup data loaded back onto the phone. I have been tring to get my backed up data back onto my 8Gb/512 unlocked Note 9 since last week & Samsung has wasted over 4 hours of my time on the phone with no positive results !The FOURTH CALLThe FOURTH CALL Samsung doesn't care about customer service once their products have been sold !

0 Likes
deathswoon23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Cleared system cache, checked on smart switch, and did a factory reset. None of them worked.

stanl56
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you called Samsung support? 

Stanl56
Samsung Care Ambassador
Unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra (SM-988U1)
on AT&T
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

uservSyWsBcWYw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've heard of this happening before. The solution was to download the update directly from Samsung and bypass carrier but I have no idea where....

0 Likes
FDSEARCHANDRESCUE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have t hu is problem als . But a a store is over 200 miles each way any info how to download directly from samsung. Smart switch dident work. Factory data reset and clearingn catch did not work 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@FDSEARCHANDRESCUE wrote:

I have t hu is problem als . But a a store is over 200 miles each way any info how to download directly from samsung. Smart switch dident work. Factory data reset and clearingn catch did not work 

Go to Google and do some research on ODIN.  I had a bug on mine where I didn't get any over the air updates.  I found some information on ODIN and downloaded and installed the update my self.   

0 Likes
Solution
deathswoon23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Samsung support directed me to a local phone repair store. Forced update by the employee at the store was successful.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userREa0MkfQQC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
my Note 9 still says my software is up to date and I am still with android 9. more and more apps crush or dont work. I have no idea what is going on but Samsung, you can't do this to your high end smartphones. very disappointed. Anyone managed to fix the problem?
0 Likes