Original topic:

Spam Texts from Gmail

(Topic created on: 4/30/21 12:53 PM)
ODarnItIGiveUp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Lately I've been receiving spam texts from random Gmail accounts. I don't see a way to block or report these messages on my Note 10+. I understand nothing is really fool proof, but is there a way to stop some of these texts being sent to my phone?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I understand how frustrating this is. Spam text messages received from emails are sent to you as SMS messages through your cellular carrier's email to text gateway. If you do not need to receive SMS messages from email accounts (some automated alerting systems may use this method), then contact your carrier and ask them to disable that at their gateway. You can also use this link for information on how to report these messages. https://bit.ly/3paGP7I

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Andrejklol
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You can always mute Gmail
0 Likes
Trav24Vez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same here, how stupid that I can get a text from an @gmail.com and have absolutely no recourse except to erase. Come on Samsung. I'm using the Samsung Messages app with my S20+. If you allow them to use email to send why can you only block numbers?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I understand how frustrating this is. Spam text messages received from emails are sent to you as SMS messages through your cellular carrier's email to text gateway. If you do not need to receive SMS messages from email accounts (some automated alerting systems may use this method), then contact your carrier and ask them to disable that at their gateway. You can also use this link for information on how to report these messages. https://bit.ly/3paGP7I

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes