Original topic:

Spotify won't close Note 10+

(Topic created: 05-06-2021 08:39 AM)
Venomous1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I normally just hit pause and turn off my bt headphones and Spotify goes to sleep.

Recently (either after a firmware update or an app update) it constantly shows a notification that it is still running.... Even after a force close.

Anyone else? 

3 Replies
Venomous1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I did. Still there but thank you
0 Likes
Venomous1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I close Spotify by pausing it... Same as I have always done. Yet when I pull down the notification window it's still open and appears to be playing one particular song, which I wasn't even playing. I can be listening to Amazon or anything else and Spotify will still show as playing. The only thing to do is go into settings /app and force close
0 Likes
Dubbs_B
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My Note 10+ has also been doing this with Spotify specifically, both after I've fully closed the currently playing song (usually connected to my car via Bluetooth), turned off Bluetooth, closed the app itself, and paused the song playback before doing all of those steps in the first place. I'll open my phone at any given time later and find the same song or another showing in the notification list, showing its playing, but not actively playing aloud from my phone or through any connected external speaker. I went and limited background battery usage in Settings because it's been eating through a fully charged battery in only 3-4 hours, causing me to charge my phone 4 times per day, which then caused playback issues when I was actually using the Spotify app. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. If anyone finds a workaround, let me know please.