cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noeplaya1
Galaxy

Still paying installments on note 7 ??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the phone has no value anymore as people state than why keep paying for installments ??  Samsung's not making any money from these phones anymore right ? .ok I get it the carriers are the real crooks   lmaooo thats probaby why they are giving people such a hard time by charging people tax for another phone  ... in order to swap it out .. what about the taxes we pay for the note 7 ?   so guess what they want to give us a hard time so we give them a hard time too   NOTE 7 FOREVER FTW 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KNelson
Cosmic Ray

Re: Still paying installments on note 7 ??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, if you pay off your device then you get all of that back when you return it.   There is nothing to even suggest that the phones will be bricked.  If that were to happen, you return it and get everything you paid for it back.  When you trade in this device for another then you get refunded the ENTIRE amount (that includes tax) and that is applied to the purchase price of your new device.  Tax must be charged on the new device.  The only "extra charges" I've seen talked about are the upgrade fees.  The fees paid to upgrade to the Note7 are refunded.  If they haven't been then contact your carrier. 

Issues with refunds that haven't been processed yet are probably just that.  Many people posted saying that they were given timeframes of up to 30 days for refund processing.  Samsung was swamped and carriers had no clue what to do during the first weeks of this debacle.  Yes, it really sucked for those people that returned or exchanged their phones during that time.  It sucked more for the people that had to turn in their old devices to upgrade to the Note7.  

5 REPLIES 5
KNelson
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everything about this post is ignorant.  If you still have your phone you are legally bound to continue your payments (or possibly be charged for the remaining balance).  It is a very expensive piece of technology,  why would Samsung give it to you for, at most, 3 monthly payments?  

Granted I still have yet to go through the return process,  but in my experience when you return something you are refunded the ENTIRE amount paid.  That includes tax.  I have never not been refunded the tax.  Ever.  Why would this be any different?  I can understand that some people may have misunderstood HOW they were getting refunded - I would probably attribute that to poor customer service - but the carriers/retail outlets that these phones were purchased from can't choose to refund only a portion of the amount paid.  

As for paying taxes on a new phone...  You had to pay them for the note 7, right?  

Noeplaya1
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No nothing about this post is ignorant your ignorant for thinking that. You see people are still paying for there phones and there phones are almost fully payd off cause some people add the extra $$ cash to put down for there devices and what happends when your done paying for it ? it will get deactivated imei most likely by the carrier  than what. the carriers and samsung made there money and your stuck with a bricked device you payd in full for.  many people tryd getting refunds and they wasnt successful at all .  so  do your research before you judge a posting .  And the issue with the tax one has to pay for a trade off device plus the extra charges that comes up to almost $200 to trade ones device for a less desired device is UNFAIR yes it is .

KTHorn
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You know I'll bet most of us who've held onto their Note 7's would like to get some answers. For me, my goal is hoping to hold on until the S8. Although it would be great if these awesome Notes were given a clean bill of health. I love this phone.

I hope Samsung is forthcoming soon.

Highlighted
userX2iGGWga66
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

KNelson
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, if you pay off your device then you get all of that back when you return it.   There is nothing to even suggest that the phones will be bricked.  If that were to happen, you return it and get everything you paid for it back.  When you trade in this device for another then you get refunded the ENTIRE amount (that includes tax) and that is applied to the purchase price of your new device.  Tax must be charged on the new device.  The only "extra charges" I've seen talked about are the upgrade fees.  The fees paid to upgrade to the Note7 are refunded.  If they haven't been then contact your carrier. 

Issues with refunds that haven't been processed yet are probably just that.  Many people posted saying that they were given timeframes of up to 30 days for refund processing.  Samsung was swamped and carriers had no clue what to do during the first weeks of this debacle.  Yes, it really sucked for those people that returned or exchanged their phones during that time.  It sucked more for the people that had to turn in their old devices to upgrade to the Note7.