Original topic:

Stock Messaging app won't stop reading messages aloud.

(Topic created: 10-24-2021 10:45 AM)
useroCMTm8TVJN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It started after I had navigated home via the Google Map app, and it would read notifications while in "Driving mode". Ever since then, whenever I get a text message, my phone will announce the sender and then read the message aloud. I've looked in accessability options, the message app, I haven't been able to find anything.
Troubleshooting attempted thus far/additional observations:
The reading is attached to the Media Volume, not the notification/phone/system volume settings. So one way to have it not read it is to turn down my media volume all the way. Not a real solution.

It will only read text messages aloud when using the stock messaging app. I've switched to Google messages as my default and the notifications are no longer read aloud. I've tried switching back to Samsung's Stock Messaging app and it still occurs. 

I want to make sure to point out that to the best of my knowledge, there aren't any settings set up to read the messages which I have enabled. I've looked in the maps app as well, no dice.

Any assistance from anybody would be greatly appreciated.
4 Replies
iamblue
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

submit an error report on members app if you think it's a software bug

Samsung Members app > + Button > Error report

Nugget
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Do you use any Google Mini speakers or the Google Home app by any chance?
0 Likes
useroCMTm8TVJN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes
0 Likes
Nugget
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Maybe it's registering your address as your work address and not Home and doesn't realize that you're at home to stop and exit that mode perhaps if that doesn't have anything to do with it, I'd be curious in what you've learned or do in the hopefully soon as an accepted solution
0 Likes