JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Switched sim card from sprint to tmobile

(Topic created: 06-29-2021 05:03 PM)
Lileaston01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Is anyone having a problem with the rich communication feature on their note 10. I recently switched my sprint sim card to tmobile as I was informed I needed to do it before my phone didn't work. Since tmobile and sprint are now merged.  But once I switched the feature of being able to see "delivered" or "read" has disappeared completely.  Why would this be removed with just entering in a new sim card? Help please
18 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You're using Samsung messages in order to get multimedia.
0 Likes
Lileaston01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thats all it shows... just doesn't make sense if tmobile merged with sprint why they didn't advance there service to include everything sprint had clipboard_image_1625012071418.jpg
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
What settings exist to control that feature? Do you or not have a carrier issue and if you do can you fix it and help others by explaining how they could fix it?
0 Likes
Kevydoddle
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Here Screenshot_20210629-191552_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
Lileaston01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have this only if I search read receipts in settings. But nothing for chat is actually active on my phone now...clipboard_image_1625014211989.jpg
0 Likes
LONNIEBX12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I switched from Sprint to T-mobile in January and I still have rcs with T-mobile. They did change my sim card cause I changed phone number tho so idk if this will helpScreenshot_20210629-222947_Messages.png
0 Likes
LONNIEBX12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Only thing is that it won't say rich communication services. But it's active, you get the read receipts, typing indicators etc..
0 Likes
lilstever
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Can anyone tell me how to get into my new phone ,I bought a new phone and I transfered all data from old phone and the new one worked with fingerprint bu will not open with any password from old phone
0 Likes
Solution
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

checking my phone... Messages settings > More settings > Multimedia Messages > Show when read/delivered

maybe check for an update? since you guys were using Sprint, the updates probably were specific to sprint devices... now in the coming update(s) it's probably all going to be joined as Tmobile device updates. (just a guess).

I'd suggest talking to the carrier and have them flash the device or something (in such case you should back up the data first)