cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

T-Mobile Note 5 not charging.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model S-N920T, running marshmallow v5.1.1, security patch update level 12/1/2015. Last week my phone stopped charging quickly with the rapid charging brick that came with it, and I'm lucky to get even a 50% charge after having the phone on the charger all night. I'm using an app called Ampere to check the charging level and it goes only from 0 to 490, and frequently charges at below 100.

I've uninstalled all apps I've installed since this problem began. I run Sophos and Malware Bytes and there is no evidence of malware. Help! Thank you!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: T-Mobile Note 5 not charging.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did try the cable with another charger brick and another cable with the Samsung charger brick and determined yesterday that the Samsung charger cable was the failing component. T-mobile is replacing the cable free of charge. They are not responsible for the charger brick, they stated. Thanks for your reply SamsungMel!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like you've done quite a bit for this. Another great way to isolate the problem would be to test your charger with other Samsung devices as well as your phone with other chargers. Have you done this? If so, what were the results?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did try the cable with another charger brick and another cable with the Samsung charger brick and determined yesterday that the Samsung charger cable was the failing component. T-mobile is replacing the cable free of charge. They are not responsible for the charger brick, they stated. Thanks for your reply SamsungMel!

View solution in original post