cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech issues

Hello everyone, I have been in tech support for over 3 years. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I can usually figure out most tech problem even if it's not on phones.

6 REPLIES 6
Kcam127
Astronaut

Re: Tech issues

I'm having issues with receiving my text notifications. They won't show up in my notifications panel, and I never hear them coming in. Feels like a recurring issue with Samsung

You can go into settings, notifications and click on the words app icon badges and you will find settings in there. But also go into app settings and go into your message app settings and go to notification, there are about 4 or 5 notification settings there to check. It's possible you need to go into settings and accessibility and advanced settings and turn on notification reminder. I will see if I can think of any more settings that could cause that problem.  

userA2tgYCqNcB
Constellation

So I have a s10+ I have done everything including factory reset my phone doesn't allow pic messages at all anymore and no longer goes to 4g LTE service at all ever... I can be in the same spot and lose internet service for 10 mins and I have been on the phone with tech support for 2 months and no results everytime they do something my phone works less

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userA2tgYCqNcB I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

If you go into your messaging app there will be a setting for both text messages and multimedia messages. You need to go in and turn on auto retrieve. Also if you go into settings, connections, mobile network you need to turn on data roaming access.  Most carriers dont charge for data roaming anymore unless your outside the United states. Also in the messages app there is a setting for notifications you can check. You can also enable developer options and turn on mobile data always active.  I know there is a few more settings that could affect these issues. I will go back and find them and post them if your issues still persists.  

Dont know if they told you but you need to turn off wifi when sending a multimedia message. They need the  mobile data connection to send. It doesn't use any data but it still needs the connection. As far as the phone not showing mobile data connection you probably need a new sim card. Going to the corporate stores they wont charge you for a sim but if you go to a premium retailer store they will charge wether or not customer service told you they wont, unless you get a good rep. I would always penny them out wether I got into trouble or not. Without customers they wouldnt exist so charging for sims and bill pays is just ridiculous.  But being I no longer work for them I would say they need to stop focusing on selling and focus on customer service and learn about the customers so they can sell what's pertinent to the customer instead of what they want to sell the customer.  Or at least balance customer service and sales, ya they might get your business once but you wont be coming back I would guarantee that.  If they cant take the time than the customers wont waste their time at that location.  Not to mention most dislike cellular stores for that main reason to begin with. Lol