cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

The new update on Note 9

What a nightmare this update is! I highly dislike the fact that now when I tap to see all my open apps, they don't  open verticaly anymore. They open horizontaly which leads to unnecessary side to side scrolling. Another nightmare is the way that the Gallery app now doesn't show a vertical list, also adding unnecessary scrolling. I prefer to see as many albums as possible versus the tiles. All the icons all changed design and color which will take another week to get used. This is beyond annoying to entrepreneurs who use their job for their business as it will delay the usual interface navigation. Was this idea given by the same person who decided to start putting the fingerprint reader in the back? That was one of the biggest tragedies of the century! If anyone can help me organize my open apps and galeries into vertical lists, it would releave alleviate a large ammount of frustation. I only got this update so that I used dark mode and I 100% regret my choice. Efficiency definitely decreased. I love my Samsung Note but please stop destroying the features that we learned to love. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: The new update on Note 9

IM JUST IGNORED MINE UP DATE NOT UP DATTING FOR VERY LONG TIME

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello,

have you looked into the many launchers available in the Galaxy Store/Play Store?

Some of those launchers will be able to solve all these issues, and even add more features on top of that.

Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi, @userfEC6nT6f7x  I understand the frustration,   But I  am happy to solve this issue. 

First, if you want to  put back your gallery vertically  again, Please follow the instruction below:

Go to Settings> Display> Home Screen> Home Screen Layout > Home Screen Only

And if you want to disable dark mode please instructions below:

Go to  Settings> Display> Dark Mode ( Toggle off Dark Mode)

I hope this helps, Please let me know if you have any questions! Thank you!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Download good lock, open it and install task changer, and choose slim list, and the youll have the horizontal app switch

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Zoom out in gallery to make it vertical