JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Timer for phone silencing?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
VincentCarl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi. I would like to suggest being able to set a time / duration that the phone is in 'silence' mode.

I have owned Samsung 'Note' phones since the Note 4. Somewhere between then and now I did own an LG G8 ThinQ and when you put it on silent (for a meeting or at the movie theater) there was a menu that asked you how long you wanted to silence the phone - much like my Samsung watch does currently. That way, if I know the meeting or movie will be over in 2 hours I can set 'silence' for that duration and afterwards the phone will revert to it's normal ring mode.

I think this would be a very practical and helpful feature because I often silence my phone and forget to go back and unsilence it afterwards. I know the ability exists, again, because it's on my Samsung watch and previously owned phones.

Hooefully,
3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@VincentCarl You will be happy to know that this is a feature of Samsung phones. 

In Settings -> Sounds and vibration click on Mute. Then enable the option "Temporary mute" directly under the sound setting. Then it will give you an option to set the time period for how long it is on Mute. 

ARandomS21FE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
This is the solution, not that dnd thing.
4City2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have that on my Samsung Galaxy S23 phone currently. Go to the main page, go to settings. Look for Do Not Disturb in the headings there. You can set up The Times you do not want to be disturbed or whose phone you want calls from etc. hope that helps

0 Likes