Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mr8teenwheeler
Constellation

Two different times

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every since day light savings my phone has been displaying two different times. If I restart it'll stop for a few minutes then go right back to doing it again. My locked screen time is wrong now I have to unlock my phone to see the other time that way I'll know wich is right

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yoshuzimo
Astronaut

Re: Two different times

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened on my HTC 10. I got here through a Google search while trying to find a solution...then I decided to double check if it was auto-selecting the correct time info and realized it had selected gmt-6 for my time zone for some reason. I unchecked the auto select timezones box, changed it to the church time zone, then red checked the auto select box (as simply unchecking and rechecking didn't work).

Double check that it has the right time zone selected.

9 REPLIES 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @Mr8teenwheeler! Thanks for taking the time to reach out and I see how that would be irritating.
We will be happy to help! To better do that, can we have a little more information about your phone? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier. Other than restarting your phone, have you already gone through any other troubleshooting steps? Thanks! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Mr8teenwheeler
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a note 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you mind sending the model number and Baseband from the About Device page of your phone? The model number should start with "SM-N..." After looking further into this, it looks like there is a chance that this is a problem with your carrier, but we have a few things we can try here since you are seeing two different times. First, I suggest going to Settings>Date and Time and toggling "Automatic Date and Time" and "Automatic Time Zone" on and off to see if this will re-sync the lock screen and home screen clocks. If it doesn't, then go to Settings>Storage>Cached Data to clear the cached data from the Note. Keep us updated on how this goes! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Yoshuzimo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened on my HTC 10. I got here through a Google search while trying to find a solution...then I decided to double check if it was auto-selecting the correct time info and realized it had selected gmt-6 for my time zone for some reason. I unchecked the auto select timezones box, changed it to the church time zone, then red checked the auto select box (as simply unchecking and rechecking didn't work).

Double check that it has the right time zone selected.

Yoshuzimo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I realize, my phone is NOT the same model, or even a Samsung device, but if it helps, it helps...right?
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the suggestion @Yoshuzimo

Hopefully that helps some others!  Smiley Happy

LuvMyNote91932
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Note 8 and am having the same issue.   Correct time on lock screen and wrong time on desktop.  Any solution yet?  I've tried doing the suggestions here in settings and nothing has helped. 

usergx68zfXjh0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to settings- general maintenance- date and time.  Change the time zone or set time manually.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergx68zfXjh0: Thank you for sharing Smiley Happy