JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UNABLE TO DECRYPT SD CARD restricted by security policy

(Topic created: 10-24-2019 07:33 PM)
Manny0219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a note 9 AT&T and with a 256 gb sd card samsung.. i had this problem that my sd card was not being mounted on the phone unless i encrypted. I went ahead and did the encryption process and now im not able to decrypt my sd card due security policies, i dont want to encrypt my sd card i want to use it has before. My security policies are up to date, im i missing something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
thatchris
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Do you have any work email accounts on your phone? Those can include security policies such as this.

View solution in context

22 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out. Just to clarify are you trying to decrypt your SD card on the same device you encrypted it with?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Manny0219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes i am, i dont need encryption..

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you done a factory reset on your device prior to experiencing these symptoms? Are you storing any apps on the SD card?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Manny0219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is a replacement device i got from my carrier due to my first note 9 having issues with the charging port.. however i never encrypted the SD card on the first device i had.. I've been using this phone replacement for arround 1month and since day one is telling me that to use the sdcard i have to encrypted.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

In order to use the SD card it is required to be decrypted on the original device. Have you updated the device with the SD card in the device?

0 Likes
Manny0219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No factory reset has been done and no apps running from my sd card

0 Likes
Manny0219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It was never encrypted in the first device, and ive gotten regular updates on the second device with the sd card in it

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you using a third-party launcher? Are you using a 3rd party app to encrypt and decrypt the SD card? Have you rooted the device? 

0 Likes
Manny0219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Not at all, this is what i got. No root and no 3rd party software involved.

0 Likes