JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UNABLE TO DECRYPT SD CARD restricted by security policy

(Topic created: 10-24-2019 07:33 PM)
Manny0219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a note 9 AT&T and with a 256 gb sd card samsung.. i had this problem that my sd card was not being mounted on the phone unless i encrypted. I went ahead and did the encryption process and now im not able to decrypt my sd card due security policies, i dont want to encrypt my sd card i want to use it has before. My security policies are up to date, im i missing something?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Do you have any security apps on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Manny0219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No security apps, all my security is is thru samsung and google. Same as before, can i copy the information frkm the sdcard to my computer? Format the sdcard and then decrypted?? Will that work?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I would recommend taking your device to your local UbreakIfix so they can get a hands-on look at your device and troubleshoot further.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Manny0219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Took it to ibreakyoufix and they couldn't figure it out.. i guess im stuck with a broken phone and im unable to use my 256gb card..

0 Likes
Boring837
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you sure you don't have any 3rd Party Device Admin apps enabled that can manage encryption?

0 Likes
Charkatak
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Manny0219 wrote:

I have a note 9 AT&T and with a 256 gb sd card samsung.. i had this problem that my sd card was not being mounted on the phone unless i encrypted. I went ahead and did the encryption process and now im not able to decrypt my sd card due security policies, i dont want to encrypt my sd card i want to use it has before. My security policies are up to date, im i missing something?

@Manny0219 

In the screenshot you have "other security settings" and there you should have credential storage or settings.  See if you can clear credentials. 

userPCaJdpbOjO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This suggestion worked for me. Thank you!!!!

0 Likes
userp5fQKuY7M8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This was my problem.  Thank you very much! 

0 Likes
Manny0219
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have clear the credentials and still the samething.. went through my apps with storage permission and no 3rd party security apps.. thanks for helping me out.. lets see if we can find a solution together

0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Try uninstalling secure folder then try it