Original topic:

Unable to send/receive MMS

(Topic created: 05-04-2021 09:26 PM)
hotmessexpres
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a galaxy  note 10 plus and resently paid the phone off and broke contract with att. I have since bought a straight talk sim card and put it into the phone. Shortly after doing so i noticed i could not send or receive multimedia messages. Ive been trying to figure it out for a couple days now and ive put in every variation of mms apn for the network and none worked. Go into phone setting and it says ims registration status is not registered. Perhaps this has something to do with my mms not working. Im not sure....can someone please point me in the right direction.

7 Replies
Bpeyton330
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Make sure that the sim card is the att compatible straight talk Sim if it's not you can get one in the straight talk bring your own phone kit
hotmessexpres
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thanks so much. That happens to be exactly where this journey began, straight talk byop.
0 Likes
ShowiestOdin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Try registering your SIM card
0 Likes
ShowiestOdin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I've always had to to my Sim cards registered. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
hotmessexpres
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
How do i register the sim? Im not tech sauvy at all actually real ignorant to it. I hope you can make me understand better
0 Likes
ShowiestOdin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm not with AT&T or straight talk. Normally you just call your service provider, you tell them you want to activate your new SIM card, they'll sak for the code/numbers and you'll read them the alphanumeric string highlighted in brackets usually at the bottom of the large card that you got the little SIM card for your phone from. That's the company's way of associating there SIM with a particular phone and to a particular phone number. Easy peasy, make sense now
deejae_swerv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Did you verify your new mms app thru your email?? They should ask most times but if they didn't or of you don't remember verifying it then, its possible someone else has/had access to your account??you can also try to change your network connection method in Network settings
0 Likes