JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to uninstall an app

(Topic created: 06-06-2022 02:53 PM)
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have an app called T-Mobile, which services the connection to my phone. It isn't neccesary to service the phone, and I only have it because it automatically installed when T-Mobile bought out Sprint. That was about a year ago, but in order to get the website for downloading my monthly bill to the computer, T-Mobile finally cut the cord and required me use their website for my billing. For free (LOL) they installed their internet app on my phone.

So now I want an internet capability for my phone, but I don't want all the baggage that comes with it.  When I try to uninstall it, it just keeps taking me to a T-Mobile page that doesn't give uninstall as an option.

How can I tell it to take a hike?

TIA for your help.
SweetTasha.

Using a Note10+

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@TheRabbi

I'm totally competent on the PC. On the phone not so much. So, I'm a tad wary, but grateful, for your warning. Let me ask this. The T-Mobile isn't exactly a pre-installed app that came with phone. So, I wondering whether it might just be that I don't understand how to uninstall any app. So...

I just tried uninstalling one app that probably wasn't pre-installed and I got a message asking me to upgrade. Then I tried another app it offered to let me uninstall. In both cases I simply pressed the icon and let up (not tapped).

Maybe my question should be "What are the typical steps to uninstall an app?"

Thanks for your reply.
SweetTasha.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Well I have 2 apps that aren't even compatible with my device that I can't remove, so I "force stop" and "disable" them. If you root your device you can do anything you want!
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
How to Uninstall Carrier/OEM Bloatware Without Root Access
https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/

Instructions in the link above will allow you to disable unwanted apps.

Instructions are fairly straightforward, and I've used them to uninstall a couple of tmobile apps which couldn't be disabled, myself. However, there is always a risk of screwing things up. You can definitely recover even if you do, but that would involve even more steps. Data loss is always a possibility.

So I present the link for your information only. If you undertake something like this, you are on your own, for better or worse. If the apps give you the option to disable them, just do that.
Solution
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@TheRabbi

I'm totally competent on the PC. On the phone not so much. So, I'm a tad wary, but grateful, for your warning. Let me ask this. The T-Mobile isn't exactly a pre-installed app that came with phone. So, I wondering whether it might just be that I don't understand how to uninstall any app. So...

I just tried uninstalling one app that probably wasn't pre-installed and I got a message asking me to upgrade. Then I tried another app it offered to let me uninstall. In both cases I simply pressed the icon and let up (not tapped).

Maybe my question should be "What are the typical steps to uninstall an app?"

Thanks for your reply.
SweetTasha.

0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You're doing it right. If you don't get the option to uninstall or disable when you long-press an icon, then you might want to try something like in my link. Otherwise, just select "uninstall," and you're done. Most tmobile apps can be uninstalled without jumping through hoops.

You can also go to Settings-Apps, select an app from the list, and see if the uninstall option is available.
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Open device settings (cogwheel icon)>apps>tap on the app you wish to uninstall>tap on the trash can icon on the bottom of the display.
0 Likes
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Belaythatorder 

Thanks for your reply.

I don't see the trash can.

T-MOBILE SCREEN 1

t-mobile app settings no trash can button 1.png

T-MOBILE SCREEN 

t-mobile app settings no trash can button 2.png

A previous reply mentioned Disable and Force stop, but that was in the context of managing bloatware.
SweetTasha.

0 Likes
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks. I think I'm (again) asking the wrong question. I'll post a new question "What internet app is recommended"

SweetTasha.

0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yeah, it looks like you can't uninstall it.
0 Likes