JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to use map app

(Topic created: 03-07-2022 11:10 AM)
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I just installed a map/driving directions app on my phone.
HOME SCREEN
GPS home screen showing GPS icon smaller.png

When I tapped its icon on my home page, it took me to a screen that offered something about ad-free for $2.49. I tapped "I'll do this later", because it didn't give me any other option. Now when I tap the map icon, it gives me the following screen.

MAPS OPTIONS?
GPS screen when tap GPS icon smaller.png

When I click Online Maps (above) I see this
GERMANY
GPS screen when I tap online maps smaller.png

Clearly, this isn't what I want!

Can someone tell me how to ~navigate (pun intended!) to a screen that let's select locations closer to home?

TIA for your help.
SweetTasha.

3 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

i would download the Google Maps app if its not already installed on your phone open your app drawer and search for maps 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
SweetTasha
Comet
Options

I installed Google Maps from Play Store.
GET STARTED
google maps get started.png

After I set my home address, it required me to accept collecting web and app activity. In other words, more ads.

It shows the steps (turns, distances) but you have to read the steps, unlike my Garmin device. Is there a setting to get voice directions?

I understand you aren't volunteering to explain how to use Google Maps. I asked how to install it and you told me how. I appreciate your help.
SweetTasha.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

It should do voice turn by turn at least mine does i don't think it has a setting to enable once you click get directions on the right hand side you should see a magnifying glass and a speaker if you click it it should be unmuted 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.