Unlock note 5

SOLVED
Highlighted
Constellation

Unlock note 5

I bought a used note 5 it's been remotely locked via Google find my device. I've tried Google support they said try Samsung. Samsung directed me back to Google but they're closed by the time I am. I've factory reset and it's needing the Google account that the device was previously registered under. I have no access to said account due to the fact that the phone was purchased used at a pawn shop  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation
Solution
Accepted by topic author userIjagY3DpxL
Saturday

Re: Unlock note 5

Had something similar happen with a tablet I bought.  The thing most people forget about after they do a reset is that you still need the account info that was used when setting up the device.  Once you get it started back up, you can add in a new google account and make that the primary one and then delete the original one.

I found some videos online that show how to get past the issue.  You can try those out before you return the device.  Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll work for you.

Best of luck!

2 REPLIES
Constellation

If Samsung won't help you and the phone is locked from previous owner, my guess is the phone was lost and/or stolen and I would take it back to where you got it from and either have them contact who they bought the phone from to have them release the phone from any/all locks or get your $$ back and don't go there again cause they buy and sell stolen goods.

Constellation
Solution
Accepted by topic author userIjagY3DpxL
Saturday

Had something similar happen with a tablet I bought.  The thing most people forget about after they do a reset is that you still need the account info that was used when setting up the device.  Once you get it started back up, you can add in a new google account and make that the primary one and then delete the original one.

I found some videos online that show how to get past the issue.  You can try those out before you return the device.  Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll work for you.

Best of luck!