Original topic:

Updates to apps...

(Topic created: 03-09-2021 12:39 PM)
OldSkewlGaimr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

So after having to update the Home UI One app myself via APKMirror just so I could use the new task changer. I am now wondering how reliable the Galaxy Store app really is at keeping all my apps up to date.  And yesterday I went to use my Samsung Notes and there was an update shown in the app but no update via the Galaxy store.  The store really needs some help. It doesn't show all the apps I have installed or even updated within it. And trying to find apps just from one source IE Samsung is impossible. Anyone have any ideas on how to make this better, or at least make sure I have the latest updates for sure? 

14 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
turning on the "automatic update" doesn't work huh? You didn't exactly mention if you had them turned on so, just figured I'd ask/ mention it. 😕
Seemingly simple things, a lot of ppl are unaware of. So, it never hurts to ask. RIGHT? 🤔
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you attempted to clear the cache on the Galaxy Store app to see if that helps any?

Navigate to your settings > apps > find and click on Galaxy Store > storage > clear cache.

You can also try wiping the system cache partition on your device.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them, and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
OldSkewlGaimr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
yes, I did this in the past, and just now in case anything has changed. Galaxy store still wont show all apps installed. And who knows if I have updates or not cause the app hasn't been showing them all.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Do you buy any chance own a galaxy watch of any sort?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
OldSkewlGaimr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
No, I do not own a Galaxy Watch.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are there specific apps you are experiencing these symptoms with so I can research this further for you?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
OldSkewlGaimr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Well almost none of the apps that are installed show up in the Galaxy Store as being installed. And off the top of my head I had an update to Samsung Notes, but only from within the app, and today I had an update to My Files, but again only from within the app. No updates were showing in the store. I think I have had it happen on the camera app, and a couple others as well. And as I started the post, one ui home had an update but it would not update via the store or the app, I had to download from APKMirror so I could use the new task changer in goodlock.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you using an unlocked device or a carrier device? Who is your carrier?

0 Likes
OldSkewlGaimr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It is on Verizon. not unlocked.
0 Likes