JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Use of BoA fingerprint after update?

(Topic created: 10-29-2019 10:06 AM)
Newman86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Has anyone been able to use the Bank of America fingerprint authentication since getting the update? I'm still not able to.

15 Replies
Samsung_f6wJAOG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm still unable to as well

0 Likes
JamakeComedy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling and making sure your bank settings are set up to read fingerprint after the update??

0 Likes
Starchaser
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Bank of America has disabled the fingerprint part of their app. They are worried that the problem with the s10 and note10 fingerprint sensor ( the silicone screen protector problem) will allow people to login to our accounts. So until they think Samsung has fixed the problem we have to use our passwords to access our BOA account on our phone.

0 Likes
Newman86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yeah I'm aware of why they disabled it I just want to know when it's coming back now that the issue had been fixed!

0 Likes
Starchaser
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I emailed them and the person who responded talked like it would take a while for them to decide. For now we will just have to wait for another update from boa with it reactivated. Which is a pita.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

There is a work around, use Samsung pass, clear data and cache from banking app, re-enter screen name and password, if you have Samsung Pass set up it will automatically ask if you want to save login, that is how I use all apps on my phone.

You also have the benefit of looking up your password in Samsung pass if you can't remember the password!

0 Likes
Starchaser
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The BOA app reset my fingerprint to work again. Finally

0 Likes
Snowboardkid503
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had the same problem but today started working

0 Likes
SamsungJayB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Lol, why would you have ANYTHING to do with Bank of America in the first place? They are the worst bank in the world, literally. I won't even accept checks from my customers that are drawn from B of A. They can't be trusted.

0 Likes