Original topic:

Used Accessibility Screenreader, it permanently turned off messenger chatheads

(Topic created: 10-07-2021 02:14 PM)
smithbri0799
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Like the title said I used the accessibility screenreader. I have vision issues to begin with, I'm considered legally blind but I get around okay with large print normally. However when I have a migraine I do need the screen reader functions. 

The other day it gave me the option to turn off the chat heads for easier functionality while using screen reader. Now, even once I turned off the screen reader, I have no way to turn them back on. Not through settings, not through Facebook Messenger. This is annoying at best, and actually problematic at worst as I can no longer just tap a chathead to access the friend that video chats me to read me the small print and other things throughout the day, I actually have to exit whatever I'm doing, switch screens over, and go into Messenger. There is literally NO WAY to turn on chat heads again. Where the option to open chat heads individually would normally be in the side bar (after clicking the lower case "i", then the three vertical dots both in upper right corner) in Messenger, the option isn't there either. I can only delete my conversation or report technical problem. As this arose after using accessibility features on my Samsung Note 9, I thought I should reach out here first. 
2 Replies
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you have tried clearing the cache and data of the Facebook app already with no change, I would honestly recommend a factory reset to put the settings back to the default. Please backup any important information before doing this as it will wipe the phone: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
smithbri0799
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yeah I eventually did the factory reset. Issue becomes that I get migraines multiple times a week... and its really frustrating that there's no other way to turn them back on. So I'm literally having to factory reset my phone multiple times a week in order to have the full functionality of the screen reader, and to have the full functionality of messenger when I'm not using it.
0 Likes